Rose Lalonde Dec 25, 2012 @ 10:33am
Worst Steam sale overall?
Agree/Dissagree?

For me id say its the worst steam sale ive ever seen, for C mas day its so bad.
Showing 1-15 of 95 comments
< >
Spawn of Totoro Dec 25, 2012 @ 10:37am 
They all semm the same as sales they have had in the last few years. I think it is more about how few good games were released this year.
Sayori M.D. Dec 25, 2012 @ 10:41am 
Agree... quite awful. Seriously... Batman franchise?! There are lot of region-locked countries. What kind of d**k picks up the games?!
Last edited by Sayori M.D.; Dec 25, 2012 @ 10:49am
AvG Dec 25, 2012 @ 11:18am 
Originally posted by Spawn of Totoro:
They all semm the same as sales they have had in the last few years. I think it is more about how few good games were released this year.
It is pretty much this. 2012 was not a really good year for games and many people caught up with their collections in 2011 or previous.
Dirtman73 Dec 25, 2012 @ 11:38am 
Unlike the last few years, I haven't seen a deal in this year's sale that wasn't beaten by one of Steam's competitors. Methinks Valve are getting a bit too comfortable with their market dominance.

Why bother offering premium discounts when you've got an established customer base that will buy anything you sell them?
dimitri Dec 25, 2012 @ 11:55am 
when does the sale start with the real games
spec ops 2 far cry 3 etc etc
Spawn of Totoro Dec 25, 2012 @ 11:56am 
Originally posted by Ðìřŧmãʼn73:
Unlike the last few years, I haven't seen a deal in this year's sale that wasn't beaten by one of Steam's competitors. Methinks Valve are getting a bit too comfortable with their market dominance.

Why bother offering premium discounts when you've got an established customer base that will buy anything you sell them?

I think other retailers are undercutting Steam to try and get more customers.

Steam is doing buisness as usual.
Dirtman73 Dec 25, 2012 @ 11:58am 

Pretty much, but you have to admit this Christmas sale has been pretty short on the kinds of fantastic deals we're used to seeing out of Steam.
Kenno Dec 25, 2012 @ 12:17pm 

This I went to Gamestops impulse thing and got Sonic Genrations for 7.49 because it wasn't happening on steam.
Spawn of Totoro Dec 25, 2012 @ 12:24pm 
Pretty much, but you have to admit this Christmas sale has been pretty short on the kinds of fantastic deals we're used to seeing out of Steam.

Not for the content. The sales seem to have been eveny disperesed through the year this time. I don't remember a fall sale like that before.

With fewer quality games too, it is harder to have a good sale. Most the good sales are for games I already own. If I didn't own them, I would deffinetly buy them.
CalmlyLit Dec 25, 2012 @ 12:27pm 

Idk, I've been seing lots of great deals. Not all of them are games I don't own, or am interested in, but they are still good.
Dirtman73 Dec 25, 2012 @ 12:33pm 
Originally posted by CalmlyLit:

Idk, I've been seing lots of great deals. Not all of them are games I don't own, or am interested in, but they are still good.

I guess it's subjective. I'm a bit biased here because I'm basing my opinion on past deals like the Saints Row the Third Complete Package from the last Christmas Seal. That was a superb discount at the time, and I have yet to see Steam offer anything comparable to it.
Last edited by Dirtman73; Dec 25, 2012 @ 12:35pm
Noizzzmaker (Banned) Dec 25, 2012 @ 1:41pm 
its allright, its just that i already have so many games to play, hell i still have games from the last steam sale i havent even installed yet.. so yeah
Nijuu Dec 25, 2012 @ 4:18pm 
I have over 300 games on Steam and i do have to say this sale has been lacklustre to be frank. The number of good games this year hasn't dropped.More the case is fewer really good 'must have' or great deals by Steam (regardless of fact i have most games i wanted this past year).Steam has really dropped the ball this sale imho
schnitzeljaeger Dec 25, 2012 @ 4:38pm 
Problem is that most games had better deals already (even on Steam). Also, doing these crazy sales for years has gotten the customer-base to wait for them and expect -75% off everywhere.
Last edited by schnitzeljaeger; Dec 25, 2012 @ 4:39pm
Bootytime Dec 25, 2012 @ 4:42pm 
Im buying games on other sites that are requiring me to install them on Steam. thats what i dont understand at all. Just bought Dead ISland Game of the year edition on amazon for 5 bucks, boom, installed on steam....huh?? im not understanding this, and this isnt the first game that has done that this holiday season
Showing 1-15 of 95 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Dec 25, 2012 @ 10:33am