LOL sale is a sale isnt it?
Why is everyone complaining about these sales? Sure last year was a cooler event, but everyone who complains sounds like a spoiled brat. It's like complaining your christmas presents werent good enough.
< >
Showing 1-12 of 12 comments
Ivenstorm Dec 25, 2012 @ 10:18am 
because the sales, especially today being christmas, are garbage. Arkham City was already on sale earlier, Spiderman is a game i wouldnt pay a dime to get(appreciate the comics and tv series more than the games), and many of the other games are already under 15 dollars.

it would make more sense, from a selling point of view to keep all games under 15 dollars to flash sales, and keep bigger games like your assassins creed 3s, Arkham Cities, and whatnot to the main sales
Mardak Dec 25, 2012 @ 10:20am 
I think that people that do not complain about the sale and defend steam rather sound like a spoiled brat.
Tricks Dec 25, 2012 @ 10:26am 
The thing is that I'm reasonably sure Steam doesn't decide the sales.

They're decided by the actual game publishing companies, right?

On that premise it is kind of silly and pointless complaining about it.

Besides, it's not like you're entitled to a sale at all. They could just never do sales.
Mardak Dec 25, 2012 @ 10:28am 
Steam needs the sales becasue they need our money ;-)
literally every single one of these games have been on sale in the last 2 months for the same price, and right now almost every single one can be found cheaper at other sites and distributors
DonutLand Dec 25, 2012 @ 10:30am 
Originally posted by Specta:
Its left4 dead Deadspace and Bioshock tommorow )))))

We cant blame steam that we already own most of the games worth buying and i got most of them cheap here and at GMG.

Problem is there last sale was to close to this one so most people got what they want then.
And its to soon for a FC3 are AC sale so there is a void of new games to buy )

Where did you read which games would be on tomorrow?
Ivenstorm Dec 25, 2012 @ 10:36am 
im purposely putting off playing many of those games for next year, for a lets play series im putting together.

also many of those games are copies or previous games, like the 5 versions of counterstrike which i got in a bundle a few years ago
O_E Dec 25, 2012 @ 10:44am 
unless im just seeing things again, the 4 indie games available today: hotline miami, castle crashers, terraria and dealight are all at that listed price already until the 5th?
Sayori M.D. Dec 25, 2012 @ 10:46am 
Originally posted by jzierster:
Why is everyone complaining about these sales? Sure last year was a cooler event, but everyone who complains sounds like a spoiled brat. It's like complaining your christmas presents werent good enough.
Presents? I don't get them for free, I still pay so gtfo.
Originally posted by O_E:
unless im just seeing things again, the 4 indie games available today: hotline miami, castle crashers, terraria and dealight are all at that listed price already until the 5th?
I pretty sure that every game you see on the daily/flash/community sales have a lower discount throughout the entire sale, it's just that during those 3 special sales - the price goes even lower. So shouldn't surprise you.
Ivenstorm Dec 25, 2012 @ 10:48am 
the indie games have all been listed at that price since the sales started, they just werent in the daily deals or flash deals
Ominous Dec 25, 2012 @ 10:59am 
The main day sales have been terrible this year. However some really good Flash sales somewhat make up for it. Still terribly dissapointed with the Winter sales. Not enough 75% off deals IMO. Halloween sale was MUCH better.
< >
Showing 1-12 of 12 comments
Per page: 15 30 50

Date Posted: Dec 25, 2012 @ 10:15am