Gold Dec 22, 2012 @ 4:18pm
IF Skyrim was to go on 50% OFF would you buy it or wait for next time??

Hello

I just want opinions from people who are thinking about getting Skyrim.

IF there was a 50% OFF on it would you buy it or wait for a better offer in a future Sale.. for example in the future you may get 75% OFF on Skyrim GOTY etc

I was given some good advice from someone in relation to Borderlands GOTY.. which was that yes purchase Borderlands GOTY but not Borderlands 2.. the logic being in future you may see Borderlands 2 GOTY at a lower price etc

It seems like a good idea.. but Skyrim was on the list of "games to get in the Sale" for me I like the game a lot..

If you look at Batman AA GOTY as an example which was dirt cheap on offer at the start of the Sale.. if you got that before you would have not got an amazing offer as it was in this Sale.

I am sad to say I missed the Batman pack (which I wanted) cause I did not understand that Vista games work on Windows 7.. but it will at the TOP of the list when the next Sale is on.

Thanks in advance
Showing 1-15 of 34 comments
< >
Tim IRL Dec 22, 2012 @ 4:20pm 
This is a purefly subjective question. How badly do you want to play Skyrim?

I purchased the game at $40 and thought it was worth it at that price point.
Gold Dec 22, 2012 @ 4:32pm 
I understand everyone will have different opinions (in other words subjective).. I just want to know what other people are going to do... I DO like the game a lot so I may get it this time.. can't decide lol
Brandles Dec 22, 2012 @ 4:35pm 
Skyrim has been 50% off during both the Summer and Autumn sale. Just wait for it to be a daily or flash sale. It'll be 50% or more off again. But to answer the question... Yes I'll be purchasing Skyrim when its 50% or more.
Last edited by Brandles; Dec 22, 2012 @ 4:35pm
Treiger Dec 22, 2012 @ 4:39pm 
Lol, i'm planning to purchase the GOTY version a few months or year later.
AlexanderTFG Dec 22, 2012 @ 4:40pm 
It counts how long do you want to wait to play Skyrim. It's going to take a while before a GOTY edition even becomes available let alone on sale, so if you really want to play it just buy it on sale and then get the rest of the dlc when you get through playing Skyrim on the next sale.
Tito Shivan Dec 22, 2012 @ 6:13pm 
Originally posted by Treiger:
Lol, i'm planning to purchase the GOTY version a few months or year later.
It's my rule of thumb with games with DLCs
Did it with Borderlands, I'm waiting for BL2 GOTY version, and will probably wait for Skyrim GOTY version as well.
Having a big game backlog allows one to take things with more patience.
Gold Dec 22, 2012 @ 7:09pm 
Thanks to everyone who replied.

Skyrim is an awesome game but a lot of people got good points about DLCs

BTW a DLCS is like an expansion pack , yes?
Brandles Dec 22, 2012 @ 7:24pm 
Yeah I would consider them the same thing. Although sometimes an DLC is just another character soooo then again don't know if you would consider a character an expansion pack.. Like in BL2 one of the DLCs is a new chacater..
Lo Pan Dec 22, 2012 @ 7:27pm 
it was a good deal at $60
Sloppy Seconds Dec 22, 2012 @ 9:51pm 
Originally posted by Lo Pan:
it was a good deal at $60

No it wasn't, the release was buggy as hell.

If I didn't own it, I wouldn't pick it up for anything less than 66% off.
Set-115689 Dec 23, 2012 @ 2:01am 
Skyrim is already 50% + another 20% off. It also gets cheaper than that. I thought it was a good deal at $60. Game was very stable for me.
Last edited by Set-115689; Dec 23, 2012 @ 2:04am
Slurm Dec 23, 2012 @ 2:16am 
Worst ES games. No thanks got the 2 good ones.
Ivan Dec 23, 2012 @ 2:56am 
Brandles Dec 23, 2012 @ 8:53am 
Originally posted by zxcvbnm:
Skyrim is already 50% + another 20% off. It also gets cheaper than that. I thought it was a good deal at $60. Game was very stable for me.

Yeah I just check and Skyrim is only 33% off. Don't be more until its a daily or flash sale....
Gold Dec 23, 2012 @ 8:56am 
BTW I just checked out gameplay videos for Dragon Age etc and it looks a lot like Oblivion/Skyrim etc
Showing 1-15 of 34 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Dec 22, 2012 @ 4:18pm