Left 4 Dead 2

Left 4 Dead 2

View Stats:
Left 4 Dead 2 custom maps?
What patches do I need to actually be able to download and play custom maps? Doesn't work and it'd be helpful if you can leave some links to the downloads
< >
Showing 1-6 of 6 comments
mcbro Dec 7, 2012 @ 5:48pm 
http://www.l4dmaps.com has a ton of stuff :)
Grizzlymerc Dec 7, 2012 @ 5:49pm 
I see the maps but I need the actual patches or something it seems
Purpuran Dec 7, 2012 @ 6:17pm 
You need to download the Left 4 Dead 2 Authoring Tools in the "Tools" section.
Grizzlymerc Dec 7, 2012 @ 6:33pm 
uhh..where is that?
Deadlylag Dec 8, 2012 @ 12:00am 
You don't need to download the tool to play custom maps. All you need is download the maps open it. Read the instructions on where to place it. With that said to find the tools go to Libary and pull down the drop menu. Select tools.
Gwarsbane Dec 8, 2012 @ 11:30am 
What ever you do, don't double click the files to install them. All it does is change the file name and move them to the addons folder.

The proper folder that the majority of maps and campaigns will use is
Steam\steamapps\common\left 4 dead 2\left4dead2\addons

The .vpk file will need to be moved there. Again though as was suggested, read any instructions that come with the map/campaign. But generally its... download, unzip/unrar the .vpk file, then move the .vpk file to the addon and then go play it.

There is a big issue with custom maps and thats everyone having the same version along with the same file name. This is where the workshop will come in handy once its finally in.

And no you don't need the authoring tools to play a custom map. I don't have them installed.
< >
Showing 1-6 of 6 comments
Per page: 1530 50

Date Posted: Dec 7, 2012 @ 5:45pm