Major Tawm Nov 29, 2012 @ 8:35pm
Steam is temporarily unavailable please try again later
wtfff, already refreshed all files and have a steam apps folder of over 300gb dafuuq!!!!!!
Showing 1-15 of 19 comments
< >
FrazerJC Nov 29, 2012 @ 8:38pm 
Try connecting using the
-tcp
paramter.
If you don't know how to do that, this article should help: https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=5623-QOSV-5250

If that doesn't help, have you checked everything listed here? I'm looking more at the stuff at the lower half of this page as you obviously can't change your download region: https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=5483-YUFN-0521
Major Tawm Nov 29, 2012 @ 8:44pm 
thanks for the fast reply will try to do this, i just rerouted my ports for ac3 today, maybe i ♥♥♥♥ed up something, thanks!
FrazerJC Nov 29, 2012 @ 8:46pm 
That's quite possible.

The ports required for Steam are listed here: https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=8571-GLVN-8711
Major Tawm Nov 29, 2012 @ 8:47pm 
ok i just deleted port 80(it was forwarded to ac3), might be the problem, reseted the router, wish me luck!
Last edited by Major Tawm; Nov 29, 2012 @ 8:48pm
Andymacsa4 Nov 29, 2012 @ 8:48pm 
Are you signed on for the beta? I reinstalled and everything was peaches until I opted back into the beta. On restart, it gave me the unavailable error.
FrazerJC Nov 29, 2012 @ 8:48pm 
Let's hope! If not, give the stuff I mentioned in the first post a shot.
Major Tawm Nov 29, 2012 @ 8:49pm 
nope, it always reaches 26%, then i get the error "Error copying SteamNEW.exe to steam.exe"
FrazerJC Nov 29, 2012 @ 8:49pm 
Originally posted by Andymacsa4:
Are you signed on for the beta? I reinstalled and everything was peaches until I opted back into the beta. On restart, it gave me the unavailable error.
You can get rid of the beta by using the
-clearbeta
launch parameter on Steam.
If you don't know how to do that, this article should help: https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=5623-QOSV-5250
Last edited by FrazerJC; Nov 29, 2012 @ 8:50pm
DJ Mustard Nov 29, 2012 @ 8:49pm 
Are you using the betaclient? That's what happened to me, I disabled it and was able to get on steam, but now the steam games on my D drive show up as uninstalled :(
FrazerJC Nov 29, 2012 @ 8:50pm 
Originally posted by ATF_Mart // BF3:
nope, it always reaches 26%, then i get the error "Error copying SteamNEW.exe to steam.exe"
Run the Steam.exe in Administrator Mode.

Originally posted by DJ Mustard:
Are you using the betaclient? That's what happened to me, I disabled it and was able to get on steam, but now the steam games on my D drive show up as uninstalled :(
Well, they would do because only the Steam Beta knows how to read them.
Last edited by FrazerJC; Nov 29, 2012 @ 8:51pm
Andymacsa4 Nov 29, 2012 @ 8:51pm 
@FrazerJC
Shame though. Just got back into PC gaming and I was looking forward to Big Picture.
Major Tawm Nov 29, 2012 @ 8:51pm 
thank you! just opted out of beta! its updating as we speak! thanks, would you take a humble bundle key a a reward? xD
FrazerJC Nov 29, 2012 @ 8:52pm 
Originally posted by Andymacsa4:
@FrazerJC
Shame though. Just got back into PC gaming and I was looking forward to Big Picture.
Betas have problems, I'm afraid. That's why they are called Betas! I'm sure it'll be fixed soon enough.

thank you! just opted out of beta! its updating as we speak! thanks, would you take a humble bundle key a a reward? xD
I'm glad it's working (we hope...)!
Keep the key for yourself, though, I've already bought it. But thanks anyway!
Major Tawm Nov 29, 2012 @ 8:53pm 
WHAT

thats why i dont change location of steam apps, in case of reintall default is C
FrazerJC Nov 29, 2012 @ 8:56pm 
WHAT

thats why i dont change location of steam apps, in case of reintall default is C
What he's talking about is an option in Steam Beta that allows you to install games to other drives that Steam is not installed to. For example, my Steam is installed to E, but I could install games to C and D drives using the Beta.

Because he has opted out of the Beta, his Steam only knows how to read the game files from his Steam location rather than both Steam location and the other drives, too.
Showing 1-15 of 19 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Nov 29, 2012 @ 8:35pm