Steam console?
Are you all excited about the new steam console? Do you think that it will replace the "buying high-end pcs"? I would definitely enjoy an external console only for gaming, with option for keyboard/mouse + gamepad x]
< >
Visualizzazione di 1-15 commenti su 296
I'm excited for Steam to be pushing out to a possible new and old audience with big picture mode. I will still always prefer to play certain games on a desktop though. As far as replacing high-ed PC's, nope. They'll always be here for the hardcore or PC enthusiast. You're PC can be a Steam Box, if you'd like, controller and all. You may not want a tower in the living room or by a television. I can see a lot of guys who are already invested in Steam building their own "Steam Box" as it just might be the cheaper and better option for what they want. Who knows what Valve has planed as far as looks and hardware it will run. Possibly different models for a certain line of customers. We'll see.
I cannot wait to see what Valve will have to offer. I personally do not see it replacing a desktop computer built for gaming, but it could bridge the gap between your computer in another room and your TV in the living room with streaming your input and the game's output over your LAN.
I thought the whole point of the steambox was to basically to connect the TV to a computer in another room. There is no way the steambox could replace a an even decent gaming rig. I could've swore I read somewhere the steambox was just a relay of sorts.
It can't replace pc but is a good choice for console gamers.
Not exactly for me but it can be really nice por players who prefer console
I cannot wait for more information about this to be released, it looks/sounds like a really nice idea and although I would still keep my gaming pc, it will be nice to play in the comfort of the living room
will see about that....
For me it depends what the Steam Console will be.
(Maybe I am a little behind in the news) But I think it will just be specific hardware that is certified by Valve?

A bit like GFW certified by MS.

I would prefer it however if the Steam Console was like Apple TV.
The game plays on your Pc and streams to the device under your telly controllable by a game pad.
Ultima modifica da Player One; 17 mag 2013, ore 11:23
Messaggio originale di Jayaitch:

I would prefer it however if the Steam Console was like Apple TV.
The game plays on your Pc and streams to the device under your telly controllable by a game pad.

I second this.
It has the potential, but I don't know.
< >
Visualizzazione di 1-15 commenti su 296
Per pagina: 1530 50

Data di pubblicazione: 16 mag 2013, ore 21:24