Steam...
Why must everything require a steam login nowadays??? Kinda stupid question I know but Can someone please tell me why?? It is really irritating...
< >
Beiträge 115 von 112
Hyperbole...
Hyperbole?
Not nearly as bad or wide spread as the facebook log-in requirements.
the only reason i asked is because i don't have the internet all the time so i was just wondering that's all
I don't use facebook so i wouldn't know
A lot of games can be played in offline mode of you don't have Internet all the time.
Because of "no steam no buy" :p
Ursprünglich geschrieben von The Rolling Cheese:
Because of "no steam no buy" :p
Basically, we can blame ourselves up to a good degree. Most of these questions can be answered by a single answer.
"Because we keep throwing money at them"

Ursprünglich geschrieben von Spawn of Totoro:
Not nearly as bad or wide spread as the facebook log-in requirements.
I frigging hate whenever someone on my twitter timeline, or on some page pastes a FB link to a news and i get 'Nope, you gotta have facebook to see this'... Well, then **** you.
Another good example of why we have to deal with certain stuff nowadays....
There are lots of reasons. I imagine a big one is that Steam provides a set of features -- Steamworks -- for free to developers, and those features are pretty valuable.

For instance, Steamworks has a complete system for doing multiplayer authentication and matchmaking. All stuff devs don't have to waste time reinventing, for free. Even things like Steam's bread and butter, content delivery, are valuable; the Bioshock Infinite devs were using Steam to distribute builds internally and to press, AMD/NVidia, etc.
True thanks for all your replies
I blame laziness and publishers. I do not want to switch between DVDs when playing different games on PC. I just hope there was less commercial solution than steam that each and every game publisher would use.
I think steam should just take over the world. I'd be okay with it.
i suppose it aint that bad to be honest at least if i end up losing my skyrim disc then i can redownload it from steam servers
Ursprünglich geschrieben von Futilizer:

And when the internet goes out nothing works -- no thank you.
Ursprünglich geschrieben von Sloppy Seconds:
Ursprünglich geschrieben von Futilizer:

And when the internet goes out nothing works -- no thank you.

I don't know about you but when my internet doesn't work I put it in offline mode. And yes is does work. You just have to make sure steam saves your credentials.
< >
Beiträge 115 von 112
Pro Seite: 1530 50

Geschrieben am: 26. Apr. 2013 um 17:26