Kawajax Apr 21, 2013 @ 12:50pm
The monthly survey of Steam
Today, i figured at Steam only ask opinion for windows users, because when i use Linux, Steam no ask nothing. But when i log in my windows 8, Steam ask my opinion. (Now i use Windows8, an Steam ask my opinion, like morning. But no ask nothing when i use Linux. like today) My opinion, this isn't good examine to look OS. :(
< >
Showing 1-8 of 8 comments
Dreakon13 Apr 21, 2013 @ 1:57pm 
Priority is probably on the Windows version of Steam at the moment, since the Linux userbase is fairly limited.

That said, I never get asked my opinion on any OS. :-[
Felix Apr 21, 2013 @ 2:10pm 
It's random as to if you get asked.
You won't get asked every month and it is not limited to just Windows users.
Kawajax Apr 22, 2013 @ 11:25am 
" it is not limited to just Windows users."

Weird, when i shut off popup screen and change windows to linux (same machine, = dualboot), there is no asking popup screen. Then i reboot again machine from linux back to windows, there is again asking popup screen.

Why its ask only windows, not linux site of my PC (same HW, same user, only different is OS)?

(sorry about my poor english)
Pheace Apr 22, 2013 @ 12:44pm 
There's no such thingt as a monthly survey, it's random. I don't even remember the last time I got the popup for it.
Felix Apr 22, 2013 @ 1:42pm 
As I said, Kawajax, it is entirely random as to if you get asked and as part of the random popup I imagine it is fixed to the user, hardware and software being ran.

This does not mean it is limited to Windows only (after all, there are Mac results on the HWSurvey page!), just means that you - this time - got the random draw on your Windows log in.
Sico Dec 1, 2014 @ 8:37pm 
I was kinda trying to find a place to tell them somthig about their survey, but this is th best I could find. I just wanted to say that, on the most recet survey it asks fo internet speed and it goes from i thin 128kb to 10mb. Well I use a router with optiimum, and get 2mb/s not the 520kb/s wih is you highest for routers. I just recmend splitting the amount of data one can recieve, and sorce of transfer different.

PS: really sory for posting here a bit off topic, and most likley they wont see this, but I'm bored so I figured write thi to keep me ocupied. It worked, and I voiced an opinion that doesnt mean squat.
RickAcq Dec 1, 2014 @ 10:53pm 
I got the hardware survey popup this morning when I logged in to my work machine to check on something. I hit cancel since it's not a gaming machine. I wish there was a way to enable it now that I'm on my home gaming system.
Hedaja Dec 2, 2015 @ 12:19am 
The survey still doesn't seem to have a very random distribution. I used steam for quite a while now on Windows as well as on Linux. On Windows I got a survey almost every month. On Linux I never got any survey.
Almost all Steam Linux users will tell you that they get surveys less often on the Linux boot than on their Windows boot. Just take a look at comment section of the monthly articles on phoronix
< >
Showing 1-8 of 8 comments
Per page: 1530 50

Date Posted: Apr 21, 2013 @ 12:50pm