phan_tastique Mar 27, 2013 @ 9:17am
What is the worst/best possible thing that could happen to steam??
Share your thoughts here....
< >
Showing 1-15 of 302 comments
LeVvE Mar 27, 2013 @ 9:23am 
Worst: Steam has to shut down and every game you bought will be gone, because they all use Steam as a DRM.
Best: They completely revamp the client's interface, profile, achievements, triple the amount of servers, optimize all the servers, etc.

Worst: Gabe dies. Valve Bankrupts.
Last edited by Τhe Rolling Cheese Wheel; Mar 27, 2013 @ 9:33am
jjb-54 Mar 27, 2013 @ 10:16am 
Originally posted by LeVvE:
Worst: Steam has to shut down and every game you bought will be gone, because they all use Steam as a DRM.

If Steam was to shut down, it would not be the 'end of the world' - the mfg's would simply put out a 'fix' that required Steam to one that does not ... this is not "Rocket Science" - and the 'inside' word from one of the mfg's - they already have those 'just in case' - NO - NO - nothing to worry about - it is simply "insurace" incase something 'bad' was to happen.
jjb-54 Mar 27, 2013 @ 10:17am 
Originally posted by The Rolling Cheese:
Best: They completely revamp the client's interface, profile, achievements, triple the amount of servers, optimize all the servers, etc.

Worst: Gabe dies. Valve Bankrupts.

First part - PIPE DREAM - 2nd part I hope that does not happen.
Originally posted by jjb-54:

First part - PIPE DREAM

That's why it's the best possible scenario, it's not meant to be achieveable.

Jawaka Mar 27, 2013 @ 11:03am 
Worst - Steam gets bought out by a publicly traded company with stockholders to satisfy.

Best? It's pretty good the way it is now but I'd also love to see a new client that has more and better sorting and editing options. Honestly I wouldn't mind seeing a game list kind of like the iTunes 10.x client.
Tito Shivan Mar 27, 2013 @ 11:31am 

If Steam was to shut down, it would not be the 'end of the world' - the mfg's would simply put out a 'fix' that required Steam to one that does not ... this is not "Rocket Science" - and the 'inside' word from one of the mfg's - they already have those 'just in case' - NO - NO - nothing to worry about - it is simply "insurace" incase something 'bad' was to happen.
I'd sleep better at nights if someone found the actual reference of that promise. It would give me something to hold on on the chilly winter nights when Offline mode no longer works...

Worst case scenario? EA purchases Steam. :D
ariba Mar 27, 2013 @ 12:00pm 
Worst: Gabe dies and whoever else will take over Valve screws everything up.

Another worst: Steam shuts down for good.

Originally posted by Tito Shivan:

Will probably never happen.
Busted_Bullseye Mar 27, 2013 @ 12:18pm 
Best for me :- Steam tells me why my account constantly validates my games every restart , and what it mean when it says ALL FILES SUCCESSFULLY VALIDATED , then proceeds to do it again the next day.

Worst :- Gets into the wrong hands and they mess up everything.
Websteroni Mar 27, 2013 @ 12:41pm 
I hope the first part happens

Websteroni Mar 27, 2013 @ 12:46pm 
Note: I'm talking about the EA part.

Where did you come up with such a bad idea.

I'd sleep better at nights if someone found the actual reference of that promise. It would give me something to hold on on the chilly winter nights when Offline mode no longer works...

Tito Shivan Mar 27, 2013 @ 2:39pm 
Originally posted by Utrax:
Will probably never happen.
Originally posted by Rashadjc (DeadlyButter):
Where did you come up with such a bad idea.
It was just a 'worst case'... and i couldn't find a worse one. ;)

But wondering a more plausible 'worst case' scenario. I think the worst could happen would be Valve drifting away from it's 'roots' and slowly becoming less of what it is now and more centered in squeezing every penny from their customers.
jjb-54 Mar 27, 2013 @ 3:47pm 

Well I know you have only my word for it - but from a very good source inside one of the Game Companies .. they have a 'back up plan" ...
skyler Mar 27, 2013 @ 3:57pm 
Worst: steam starts to charge a monthly "insurance" fee for all users.
Best: a thin gabe announcing hl3
jjb-54 Mar 27, 2013 @ 4:13pm 
Originally posted by Skyee:
Worst: steam starts to charge a monthly "insurance" fee for all users.
Best: a thin gabe announcing hl3

They cannot charge for using the software you already bought - well okay they could - but the companies (software makers) would umm take such a cut, that they would not make a profit ... then if they are going to label it "insurance" - then they have to make sure they can deliever the "goods" - which right now - not an ice-berg chance in hell - because the first time they did not 'deliever' the 'goods' they would be in deep legal issues and thus $$$ issues ....
< >
Showing 1-15 of 302 comments
Per page: 15 30 50

Date Posted: Mar 27, 2013 @ 9:17am