Steam's rise really is astonishing.
I just happened to be looking at my profile and saw my 9 year badge, and it just made me think about how Steam was when it was first released compared to Steam today. It really is amazing how far it's come. I was heavy into Day of Defeat when it came out and at first I honestly couldn't stand it. I never thought Steam would become such a major part of the PC gaming community.
< >
Visualizzazione di 1-3 commenti su 3
I joined Steam in 2009, Christmas 2009 to be exact and even I am amazed how much Steam seems to have a vice grip on the pc gaming community. Yes there is Origin and GOG, it just seems that Steam is the more dominant choice by far and rightly so.
I remember gaming on CS 1.6 in middle school, I lost my old account or I would be about as old as you. It's crazy to think that steam went from just for valve games pretty much to basically every game you want to play. And with the addition of greenlight now I can look into indie games that I would have never found otherwise. Steam is really bringing pc gaming together under one roof. Now if only EA would stop being stupid and quit their origin service.
< >
Visualizzazione di 1-3 commenti su 3
Per pagina: 1530 50

Data di pubblicazione: 22 mar 2013, ore 14:53