Leezeebub Mar 21, 2013 @ 10:38am
100's of games in the Indie spring sale?
I assume the sale games will be changing every day as i can only see about 50 on sale right now. Or am i just being blind?
Last edited by Leezeebub; Mar 22, 2013 @ 7:01pm
Showing 1-15 of 48 comments
< >
kristijanH Mar 21, 2013 @ 10:45am 
I'll hijack this thread to ask a semirelated question:

How can I seach steam to see all the discounted games? I would like to see a list of all games that are discounted.
kristijanH Mar 21, 2013 @ 10:58am 
Thank you so much!
10Club Mar 21, 2013 @ 11:23am 
I'd assume so.
Rita Vrataski Mar 21, 2013 @ 2:05pm 
This sale is a massive letdown, to be honest the last 3 including this one have been but this takes the cake. A sale comprised of only Indie games? Really? For 8 days? This is stupid....
10Club Mar 21, 2013 @ 2:09pm 
Originally posted by deuce:
This sale is a massive letdown, to be honest the last 3 including this one have been but this takes the cake. A sale comprised of only Indie games? Really? For 8 days? This is stupid....

There are tons of indie games that are better than the majority of AAA games.

Just because you don't give them the chance doesn't mean the sale is stupid. You're the one missing out on great games. Not everything needs to have a 100 million dollar budget with another 50 million added on for marketing.

Why shouldn't indie devs get a chance to be in the spotlight? They deserve it as much as the big guys.
Last edited by 10Club; Mar 21, 2013 @ 2:10pm
Julia Mar 21, 2013 @ 2:16pm 
Man, Steam reads my mind. I was just about to get Trine 2 for its local co-op to play with my friends, and now it's on sale. Almost always before I get something I want, it goes on sale. Bastion, Killing Floor, Transformers: War of Cybertron, all went on sale right before I bought them lol
Count Tito Von Shivanstein Mar 21, 2013 @ 2:19pm 
Originally posted by deuce:
This sale is a massive letdown, to be honest the last 3 including this one have been but this takes the cake. A sale comprised of only Indie games? Really? For 8 days? This is stupid....
There's a taste for every color.
On the other hand i'm jumping in joy on this sale... I need to do a shopping list, because everytime i look at the list i see another game on sale i want.
What you find stupid, i find incredible.

Besides, one can only do so many AAA title sales every year.
Rita Vrataski Mar 21, 2013 @ 2:19pm 
Originally posted by TenClub 89:
Originally posted by deuce:
This sale is a massive letdown, to be honest the last 3 including this one have been but this takes the cake. A sale comprised of only Indie games? Really? For 8 days? This is stupid....

There are tons of indie games that are better than the majority of AAA games.

Just because you don't give them the chance doesn't mean the sale is stupid. You're the one missing out on great games. Not everything needs to have a 100 million dollar budget with another 50 million added on for marketing.

Why shouldn't indie devs get a chance to be in the spotlight? They deserve it as much as the big guys.
Because it's ONLY a quarterly sale and it completely segregates a huge section of the community who have very little interest in indie games. In my entire life only about 10-15 indie games have actually interested me, the rest for the most part are just forgettable trash.

I don't mind them being on sale but the ENTIRE sale revolving around them is ridiculous, not a dime is going to be spent from me and I was planning on dropping a few hundred dollars on some games I have been eyeing for a while.

The Steam sales have been getting progressively worse as time lingers on, this just kind of solidified the direction things have been heading.
Last edited by Rita Vrataski; Mar 21, 2013 @ 2:21pm
Hashbrick Mar 21, 2013 @ 2:21pm 
It doesn't matter what's on sale someone will b*tch for reason x and reason y.
Julia Mar 21, 2013 @ 2:25pm 
So basically, deuce, the sale sucks because the games YOU want aren't on sale? This sale is awesome, there are TONS of games on great deals right now.
Rita Vrataski Mar 21, 2013 @ 2:28pm 
Originally posted by Hashbrick:
It doesn't matter what's on sale someone will b*tch for reason x and reason y.
Originally posted by JonahD:
So basically, deuce, the sale sucks because the games YOU want aren't on sale? This sale is awesome, there are TONS of games on great deals right now.

It's a legitimate reason to be upset, we look forward to these sales and they only come once every 3 months. Indie titles cater to their own community basically which like I said segregates everyone else. Every other sale there has ever been on Steam has catered to nearly everything on the client, this is specific to a niche market.

Count Tito Von Shivanstein Mar 21, 2013 @ 2:35pm 
Originally posted by Hashbrick:
It doesn't matter what's on sale someone will b*tch for reason x and reason y.
SPUF & SCUD at it's finest.

Originally posted by deuce:
Every other sale there has ever been on Steam has catered to nearly everything on the client, this is specific to a niche market.
This is not a 'Big sale event', this is not a 'Summer Sale' or 'Christmas Sale'. This is more akin to a publisher sale, a 'midweek madness/weekend deal' like the one from last weekend (which didn't cater to everyone either)

You can't please everybody, and there will always be another sale.
Rita Vrataski Mar 21, 2013 @ 2:38pm 
Originally posted by Tito Shivan:
This is not a 'Big sale event', this is not a 'Summer Sale' or 'Christmas Sale'. This is more akin to a publisher sale, a 'midweek madness/weekend deal' like the one from last weekend (which didn't cater to everyone either)

You can't please everybody, and there will always be another sale.
The previous Spring and Fall sales have been quite good and offered up a bit of everything from every corner of the market, what they are doing right now is a first.
Silv3r9 Mar 21, 2013 @ 2:49pm 
Originally posted by deuce:
I don't mind them being on sale but the ENTIRE sale revolving around them is ridiculous, not a dime is going to be spent from me and I was planning on dropping a few hundred dollars on some games I have been eyeing for a while

You must have been flipping tables during the Halloween sale then since that wasn't a store wide sale either.

Also, if you have a few hundred dollars of disposable income to throw at Steam then talk the talk & walk the walk man, go buy the games YOU want at full price and support your favorite AAA developers since apparently [in your universe] they never release a crappy game... unlike the indie "trash" as you call it.

Last edited by Silv3r9; Mar 21, 2013 @ 2:50pm
wuweird Mar 21, 2013 @ 3:05pm 
Is anyone else seeing duplicates and non-discounted games in the sale list? It seems like the "hundreds of games" is maybe 40 with a lot of double ups and padding...
Showing 1-15 of 48 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Mar 21, 2013 @ 10:38am
Posts: 50