bluejwestd85 Mar 15, 2013 @ 8:35am
Is it me or is freeweekend getting worse and worse
dont like multiplayer at all really and it seems thats all ther putting on freeweekend anymore, i know i know beggers cant be choosers save ur breath. I think the last time i enjoyed freeweekend was when they hade left 4 dead 2 and red orchich or whatever its called.
Showing 1-15 of 18 comments
< >
Purple Stoner Midget Mar 15, 2013 @ 8:42am 
It's not like free weekends are to be expected or anything. The last one was some space strategy game anyway, and that was only 2 weeks ago at most. It's something that the publisher can do if they want to, not something that VALVe does every month or so.

Also, how do you get Red Orchestra 2 and Left 4 Dead 2 confused with each other? One is a realistic WW2 FPS, the other is co-op zombie survival game.
bluejwestd85 Mar 15, 2013 @ 8:45am 
Originally posted by Purple Stoner Midget™:
It's not like free weekends are to be expected or anything. The last one was some space strategy game anyway, and that was only 2 weeks ago at most. It's something that the publisher can do if they want to, not something that VALVe does every month or so.

Also, how do you get Red Orchestra 2 and Left 4 Dead 2 confused with each other? One is a realistic WW2 FPS, the other is co-op zombie survival game.
no i mean they were on freeweekend seperatly that was like october, what can i say i a man who likes freestuff wheres the wellfare office for games lol. thank god i rembered about Red Orchestra 2 that game rules i gotta buy.
Last edited by bluejwestd85; Mar 15, 2013 @ 8:50am
Mivo Mar 15, 2013 @ 11:21am 
Of course we see primarily MP games and MP portions of games on free weekends. The idea is to make you buy the game, not to satisfy your curiosity or let you play through the whole SP experience on one weekend (most games don't really offer very lengthy SP parts).

Then again, I never take advantage of a free weekend. If a game interests me enough to be willing to download gigs of data, I'm usually also willing to just buy it.
Glorious Massacre Mar 19, 2013 @ 3:46am 
Actually it never happened to me that free weekend was for something what I don't own already. IMO, I don't think there is a need for free weekend.
[BS] Leaving Las Vegas Mar 24, 2013 @ 5:23pm 
Originally posted by Mivo:
If a game interests me enough to be willing to download gigs of data, I'm usually also willing to just buy it.
Ditto. Although, I did partake of the Saint's Row 3 free weekend. I didn't buy the game until another sale, though, so the free weekend really didn't have too much of an impact.
KARR Mar 24, 2013 @ 5:26pm 
Originally posted by bluejwestd85:
dont like multiplayer at all really and it seems thats all ther putting on freeweekend anymore

You won't get single player free weekends. Games these days are so short that you could completely finish the game in a weekend. Publishers want you to BUY their games, not finish it in a weekend and then go on to buy a different game.

ps - The 2 games you mention that you enjoyed are BOTH multiplayer!!
SuperAlchemicalMoo Mar 25, 2013 @ 6:51am 
Studies show that I don't take advantage of free weekends.
MasacruAlex Mar 25, 2013 @ 11:59am 
You don't like multiplayer at all? No wonder you don't like the free weekend lol. You want them to put other games to satisfy you? Single player games? Well guess what, there's demos for that with a reason, otherwise anything that's single player will be completed 5 times in a weekend with exceptions.
a.k.a. Dead Mar 25, 2013 @ 12:07pm 
The way I look at it, the ONLY thing that Steam is obligated to provide me is permanent access to all of my games in my Library. Everything else can be tweaked, upgraded, downgraded, and even discontinued entirely.
Tito Shivan Mar 25, 2013 @ 1:13pm 
Originally posted by KARR:
You won't get single player free weekends. Games these days are so short that you could completely finish the game in a weekend. Publishers want you to BUY their games, not finish it in a weekend and then go on to buy a different game.
And that's the reason why SP games don't go on Free Weekends.
Download, finish game, never purchase.
The only exception so far, has been Saints Row 3, but i feel the fact that THQ was sooo in the verge of bankrupcy at the time, forced them to do that in order to get sales.
Samalot Mar 25, 2013 @ 7:55pm 
Originally posted by bluejwestd85:
dont like multiplayer at all really and it seems thats all ther putting on freeweekend anymore, i know i know beggers cant be choosers save ur breath. I think the last time i enjoyed freeweekend was when they hade left 4 dead 2 and red orchich or whatever its called.
Kids are getting more and more entitled these days.
Spawn of Totoro Mar 25, 2013 @ 7:57pm 
Originally posted by Samalot:
Kids are getting more and more entitled these days.

I agree...We should just get rid of free weekends compleatly.
Law Mar 25, 2013 @ 9:11pm 
Normally asked for by the developers to revive a dying multiplayer community. Glad it happens, sometimes the games are actually great hidden gems (Payday).
Mr.Lard Mar 30, 2013 @ 12:21pm 
Originally posted by Dance Commander Law:
Normally asked for by the developers to revive a dying multiplayer community.
^ This.
Tito Shivan Mar 31, 2013 @ 4:42am 
Originally posted by Spawn of Totoro:
I agree...We should just get rid of free weekends compleatly.
But then we would miss all the lovely threads posted on monday titled:
"I downloaded the free weekend game and now it says 'purchase' and can't play it anymore, WTF?"
"How long does the free weekend last?"
:P
Showing 1-15 of 18 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Mar 15, 2013 @ 8:35am