Train Simulator 2014 Developers Censoring Legitimate Steam Reviews
http://steamcommunity.com/app/24010/reviews/

Notice how every coherent, well-organized negative review has been labelled "off-topic" by the developers.

This is a shameful and obvious attempt at censoring the many negative reviews of their game, which is succeeding due to Steam Review allowing developers to IMMEDIATELY pull user reviews with no second opinion from unbiased individuals. Since they can pull/lock/delete threads in their own forum, I thought I would post this here so a wider pool of Steam users (alongside Valve themselves, hopefully) can see a rather large problem with Steam Reviews.

< >
Zobrazeno 115 z 25 komentářů
Either that or marked as abusive, pretty rediculous
considering you can scroll down and see other negative reviews that's a bit hard to support.

Also a cursory glance at the 'off topic' reviews indicate they are generally complaining about 'driving trains is boring' and 'omg so much dlc'. Which are not actual reviews of teh game itself.
Naposledy upravil Satoru; 4. pro. 2013 v 9.40
Turban Maker původně napsal:
Either that or marked as abusive, pretty rediculous

You might want to look at the reviews marked as abusive. Because they are.
Satoru původně napsal:
considering you can scroll down and see other negative reviews that's a bit hard to support.

Also a cursory glance at the 'off topic' reviews indicate they are generally complaining about 'driving trains is boring' and 'omg so much dlc'. Which are not actual reviews of teh game itself.

Many of the censored reviews bring up legitimate concerns; bugs, missing/omitted/broken features from previous iterations of train simulator, and the obscenely expensive DLC that totals up to over $1,000USD. They even do so in a semi-professional tone, in some cases.
Naposledy upravil Flo; 4. pro. 2013 v 9.43
'expensive DLC' is not a legitimate concern no matter how many paragraphs you use to justify it.
Naposledy upravil Satoru; 4. pro. 2013 v 9.59
Flotilla původně napsal:
Satoru původně napsal:

Many of the censored reviews bring up legitimate concerns; bugs, missing/omitted/broken features from previous iterations of train simulator, and the obscenely expensive DLC that totals up to over $1,000USD. They even do so in a semi-professional tone, in some cases.

When I saw your post, I thought "I don't think he's BSing", but $1,000 in DLC is one of those things you really have to see to believe. I went to the store page and uhh..... $3225.55 in DLC? WTF man? And each DLC is like 2 trains lol.
Well, when writing your review, be careful to not say anything that could be taken as 'abusive'. I noticed a lot of them would probably have been fine if they'd just left out that one sentence. Don't give them an excuse.

There were a few, though, that I agree should not have been censored, and was probably devs trying for damage control.
Naposledy upravil Smilodon; 4. pro. 2013 v 11.25
When I saw your post, I thought "I don't think he's BSing", but $1,000 in DLC is one of those things you really have to see to believe. I went to the store page and uhh..... $3225.55 in DLC? WTF man? And each DLC is like 2 trains lol.

And that's exactly the kind of 'review' that isn't worthwhile and should be correctly flagged.
Flotilla původně napsal:

Yah wtf is that all about?? Thats more than what I have spent on Steam and League of Legends combined.... So far.... :squirtmeh:
Naposledy upravil Doomy4Life; 4. pro. 2013 v 12.58
While there is a lot of DLC for TS 2014, some of it has been around since RW 10 I think it is. The nice thing about it, you can buy what you want and not worry about anything else. Some of what is on there is also 3rd party DLC (Colton and Northern is one of them) for sale. If you want to run just North American routes, just buy those. If you want to run just German trains, buy just those. Same for English/Scottish trains. You do not have to buy all the DLC.
wow, i created a topic called dlc nightmare or hell cant decide, posted it in steam discussion because i feel that it is a discussion about how dlc's are really not doing anything good.
it was moved to off topic in like 1 min. after i created it.
WHAT THE HELL.
i also mentioned ts 2014 as a perfect example of what i was talking about.
pinky původně napsal:
wow, i created a topic called dlc nightmare or hell cant decide, posted it in steam discussion because i feel that it is a discussion about how dlc's are really not doing anything good.
it was moved to off topic in like 1 min. after i created it.
WHAT THE HELL.
i also mentioned ts 2014 as a perfect example of what i was talking about.

We are getting 100's of new threads posted in the wrong section every day on the xmas sale and you called your thread "DLC nightmare or hell, cant decide."

Sounds like an off topic, steam community topic or help thread rather than discussion about steam. Maybe consider creating a more suitable thread title.
Naposledy upravil eram; 22. pro. 2013 v 13.09
Satoru původně napsal:

And that's exactly the kind of 'review' that isn't worthwhile and should be correctly flagged.

Just out of interest, why wouldnt the price of a product not be a topic for a review ? If Half Life 2 would cost 500$, wpould you then say, that the fact that it is priced 10 times more then an AAA title shouldnt be part of a review ? Sounds a bit stupid imo.
Dagor původně napsal:
Satoru původně napsal:

Just out of interest, why wouldnt the price of a product not be a topic for a review ? If Half Life 2 would cost 500$, wpould you then say, that the fact that it is priced 10 times more then an AAA title shouldnt be part of a review ? Sounds a bit stupid imo.

Maybe because the review is supposed to be of the game and not the 100% OPTIONAL dlc content? TS2014 is 24$ on sale, 30$ standard and 55$ for the Steam Edition. None of those prices are unreasonable or "10 times more than an AAA title" at all. Review the product itself or don't post one.
seems like a mistake or it was reflected as bad , as you can't deliberitly slagg developers , game makers or even steam staff. Just enjoy what you got hen you got , life is to short to argue.
< >
Zobrazeno 115 z 25 komentářů
Na stránku: 1530 50

Datum zveřejnění: 4. pro. 2013 v 9.25
Počet příspěvků: 25