กระทู้นี้ได้ถูกล็อคแล้ว
There's way too much junk on Steam lately...
It`s already hard to look for some good games in this weird and user unfriendly shop but now with all the uber junk games being released...

I kinda miss the old days when Valve actually decided which games come on Steam...

Edit: Jim Sterling recently made a video about this topic: http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/jimquisition/8753-Steam-Needs-Quality-Control?utm_source=latest&utm_medium=index_carousel&utm_campaign=all

Edit 2: And there it is! Steam just launched "Steam Tags" and that's a step in the right direction I would say.

Edit 3: And here's another Jim Sterling video (Yes, I love this guy) http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/jimquisition/9075-Salt-Of-The-Earth-A-Steam-Fail-Story?utm_source=latest&utm_medium=index_carousel&utm_campaign=all about Earth 2066 something and his child developer. Watch it, It will tell you why Steam is in desperate need of quality control by Valve.

I also link a great thread which is very good organised but has been locked for some reason: http://steamcommunity.com/discussions/forum/0/558752451037802578/
แก้ไขล่าสุดโดย Schiller; 21 เม.ย. 2014 @ 10: 01am
< >
กำลังแสดง 1-15 จาก 773 ความเห็น
I agree :P
They could do more to keep Early Access games separate from official releases, but I don't see an overwhelming amount of junk games.
the browser is outdated and needs to be easier to navigate

When the fad of indie/early access really got rolling a couple of years ago, everyone was saying how great it would be to have lots of "indie" games.

Back then, I said "be careful what you wish for."
how wise you were, give yourself a cookie
Wiser than you.

I'll take yours.
โพสต์ดั้งเดิมโดย NaotaChannel:
Wiser than you.

I'll take yours.

Sold it :P
When the fad of indie/early access really got rolling a couple of years ago, everyone was saying how great it would be to have lots of "indie" games.

Back then when Indies tried to make something unique.
Now lots of indies just make wannabe Retro Rpgs/platformers to cash in on nostalgia.
I can accept the trying to look old school. But its really bad when lots of those games look worse then early nintendo 8-bit games.
แก้ไขล่าสุดโดย NisseDood; 13 ม.ค. 2014 @ 1: 25pm
ironically the indies are actually real dev studios fronting as newby game makers and giving community feels to everyone

Exactly. Most of these indie "early access" games are for the most part, just plain trash. And because people pay before it's finished, a lot of devs just abandon the pre-payed user who's left holding a bag of poop.
Describe "uber junk games" because being junk and being unappealing to you are two completely different things. Ashes Cricket 2013 is junk and was promptly removed from Steam. Something like Human Tanks can be unappealing to some users due to the anime-esque but it is certainly not junk.
แก้ไขล่าสุดโดย LAN; 13 ม.ค. 2014 @ 1: 59pm
read the article on the community hub, it looks like greenlight may finally be going away
I haven't seen anyone chasing you to buy them.

I swear, if I had a dollar for every time I heard how much better was x years ago, now I would be the richest man on this planet.
I agree with this..I don't even bother trying to find games any more because the store is bloated with indie titles and early access games on the front page..4 of the top selling games are early access games which makes me wonder if they are really top selling or if valve is throwing them up there for advertising..

I just check the on sale tab each day and if there is nothing there that I like then meh.
I couldn't agree more. I'm 50 years old and played pong and atari 2600 when I was a kid. I had a commodore 64 and replaced that with an Amiga 500 before I got my first IBM computer. Why is Steam carrying so many games from that era and calling them classic? I moved beyond 2D games long ago. I also tried a few early access games and not only found them to be unplayable but it appears to me that the developer has abandoned their game and forums while the game is left in early alpha and they have our money. Steam I love ya but enough of the "classics" and early access has got to go.
แก้ไขล่าสุดโดย LochnessLobster; 13 ม.ค. 2014 @ 3: 43pm
< >
กำลังแสดง 1-15 จาก 773 ความเห็น
ต่อหน้า: 1530 50