The Cheshire Cat Dec 30, 2013 @ 2:19pm
Why do you prefer steam as your online game vendor?
I was just really curious as to why you believe steams services are better than it's competition.

I personally believe Steam is better, due to it's vastly large library and slightly cheaper than retail prices.
Showing 1-15 of 396 comments
< >
Black Blade Dec 30, 2013 @ 2:24pm 
I like it as there are some good guys arund i like how Valve work and you can see it effects the How Steam works
Also as someone that is planing to be in the Game Dev i see it as a platform i want to sale on... and seem to have guys that are ready to try new ideas out

Even more Steam was more or less what boost up the indie devs with there open market
☽Maeve Alleine of Moonglow☾ Dec 30, 2013 @ 2:24pm 
Good community
Huge number of games to choose from
Good support
Value-added service that makes playing games on Steam rewarding (achievements, in-game items, profiles etc)
STEAM OS!
The Cheshire Cat Dec 30, 2013 @ 2:26pm 
Huh I can't believe those are such obvious things I overlooked, +1 to everything said.
TeKraken Dec 30, 2013 @ 2:30pm 
It's the same as other platforms except for:

Nice community.
Choice of games.
Free money from cards
Less basic/clunky than Uplay.
Better sales than ubi/origin

To be honest I play on ubi/origin/steam and they are all ok (for me) but I choose here (+the forum) as my home.

<3
<3
<3
☽Maeve Alleine of Moonglow☾ Dec 30, 2013 @ 2:31pm 
really, the best thing of all, which may be unfair to Steam's competitors, is that they've been around over a decade. they know their business.

ultimately, i stick around for the community and choice of games the most though. i've made some great friends.
Last edited by ☽Maeve Alleine of Moonglow☾; Dec 30, 2013 @ 2:32pm
☽Maeve Alleine of Moonglow☾ Dec 30, 2013 @ 2:33pm 
You have been here a long time (your badge says 10 years!) why did you ask us? are you thinking of looking around at others?
The Cheshire Cat Dec 30, 2013 @ 2:39pm 
Originally posted by ☽Maeve Alleine of Moonglow☾:
You have been here a long time (your badge says 10 years!) why did you ask us? are you thinking of looking around at others? :cwat:
I'm surprised you looked at my profile, I like hearing from the communities I'm involved in. It's also interesting looking at things I already actively use and love and look at them from a different perspective.
Black Blade Dec 30, 2013 @ 2:44pm 
Originally posted by The Cheshire Cat:
I'm surprised you looked at my profile, I like hearing from the communities I'm involved in. It's also interesting looking at things I already actively use and love and look at them from a different perspective.
Just saying the 10 Years is your feathered badge... just hovering over your photo will show it
The Cheshire Cat Dec 30, 2013 @ 2:50pm 
Originally posted by Black Blade:
Just saying the 10 Years is your feathered badge... just hovering over your photo will show it :D:

Oh of course, I completely forgot that was there, my mistake!
howlin' wolf Dec 30, 2013 @ 2:57pm 
paysafecard

I buy games which I like and afford if they have paysafecard.
godevils2013 Dec 31, 2013 @ 6:38am 
I like the interface and the community the way it is all set up but as for buying games I bought more from elsewhere this year. Better deals at GMG, GamersGate, Amazon US, Humble Bundle and others ...
kash Dec 31, 2013 @ 6:41am 
agree
jpnole Dec 31, 2013 @ 6:52am 
I don't always buy my Steam Activated games here on Steam, but when I do, I always check GMG, Amazon, Gamefly, Desura, Humble and several other vendors first. Stay thirsty my friends.
Last edited by jpnole; Dec 31, 2013 @ 6:52am
P4wn4g3 Dec 31, 2013 @ 6:53am 
Mainly for the badges XD
Slingy901™ Dec 31, 2013 @ 7:22am 
the games normaly have a good discount and it is easier to use steam
Showing 1-15 of 396 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Dec 30, 2013 @ 2:19pm