SteamOS on December 13?
Is it true?
(Can't use google. Long story)

< >
1-15 van 61 reacties weergegeven
Steam OS Friday!
How do you feel about the beta of Steam OS coming out Friday?
great, even that sad i cant be on the second beta (so guess that plan of two of us there will not come true XD)
Yeah, at least we can make our own Steam Machines since they're giving the OS out. :P
Origineel geplaatst door Black Blade:
great, even that sad i cant be on the second beta (so guess that plan of two of us there will not come true XD)
loking forward to dual booting SteamOS. I've tested a few game so far on linux mint and I've had good results. v sync doesn't work but the screen tearing is minimal.
Origineel geplaatst door Lord Revan:
Yeah, at least we can make our own Steam Machines since they're giving the OS out. :P
Not me... don't have a budget for a new PC and the 3 i have there are way to old to do anything like that :/
So one day... any how please to tell how the SteamOS is
steam os
Will steam os be a direct down load or will we have to burn it as an image to make it live booting
Dota is the best game in steam )
yes true:
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/steamuniverse#announcements/detail/1930088300965516570
Why cant you use google?
And next time try to go to were its more logical to be
Origineel geplaatst door coldalbert:
Will steam os be a direct down load or will we have to burn it as an image to make it live booting
Don't think we will really now before it come out
But i will guess direct down load even that do remember its a strong beta... so you may want to wait
The wording in the announcement doesnt makeit sound like it'll be a live boot as it 'requires a lot of linux technical knowledge'

But then say 'you may want to wait till the release in 2014' so the installation for the full release will likely be easier than the beta product.
I'd suggest running it in a VM to test it when it comes out, unless you have another system you can run it on.

I don't think it will be released with the feature like Ubuntu has where it can create a virtual HDD. I know I'm waiting for that to happen before trying to dual boot with it.
Yes. Friday the 13th is when the Beta Steam Machines will ship. The SteamOS should be available that same day.

Expect delays as Jason may be hogging all the bandwidth.
Origineel geplaatst door Spawn of Totoro:
Yes. Friday the 13th is when the Beta Steam Machines will ship. The SteamOS should be available that same day.

Expect delays as Jason may be hogging all the bandwidth.
sorry what is Jason?
?.? why was these marge at all... its not really the same thing at all...
Laatst bewerkt door Black Blade; 12 dec 2013 om 6:01
Origineel geplaatst door Black Blade:
sorry what is Jason?
?.? why was these marge at all... its not really the same thing at all...

Jason is the villain in the Friday the 13 movies[en.wikipedia.org].

And yes, they were on the same subject, two of them the exact same. All in the wrong forum, but can't be moved to the Steam Universe forum where they belong.
Laatst bewerkt door Spawn of Totoro; 12 dec 2013 om 6:08
Origineel geplaatst door Spawn of Totoro:
Jason is the villain in the Friday the 13 movies[en.wikipedia.org].

And yes, they were on the same subject, two of them the exact same. All in the wrong forums, but can't be moved to the Steam Universe forum where they belong.
:D: ok thanks

Well as one was just asking if its true the second want to make a discussion what you think abut it :D: but your the mod not me :D: also nothing to do now thanks for the replay
< >
1-15 van 61 reacties weergegeven
Per pagina: 1530 50

Geplaatst op: 12 dec 2013 om 3:58
Aantal berichten: 61