BedHeadPanda Dec 27, 2014 @ 9:22pm
New-ish games?
just wondering when steam usually gets games that recently came out, like Dragon Age Inquisition
< >
Showing 1-4 of 4 comments
Spawn of Totoro Dec 27, 2014 @ 9:25pm 
That game is an EA title. EA titles are exclusive to Origin. Steam only has some of the older titles that EA decided to leave available.
kdodds Dec 27, 2014 @ 9:46pm 
Yep, for whatever reason, EA no longer allows Steam online distribution of its new games. It can't be a "cut out the retailer's" percentage thing, because they do allow digital distribution through other major channels. It would not surprise me in the least if this was "unreasonableness" on the part of EA, like wanting Valve to take a less than standard cut or being refused a buy out offer.
FFL2and3rocks Dec 27, 2014 @ 9:49pm 
Originally posted by kdodds:
Yep, for whatever reason, EA no longer allows Steam online distribution of its new games. It can't be a "cut out the retailer's" percentage thing, because they do allow digital distribution through other major channels. It would not surprise me in the least if this was "unreasonableness" on the part of EA, like wanting Valve to take a less than standard cut or being refused a buy out offer.

If you buy their games elsewhere, you still get an Origin code. Getting your foot in the door of their store that way is important. You're more likely to buy something directly from Origin later if you already have an account.
Last edited by FFL2and3rocks; Dec 27, 2014 @ 9:50pm
kdodds Dec 27, 2014 @ 10:06pm 
Hehe, LOL, no I'm not. :)

Kidding aside, EA used to be king of the hill back in the 80's as a dev/pub. But then it was really only just them and MicroProse. Nowadays, they've literally nothing I want to play, especially since they pulled Madden from PC. I think 15 is actually available on PC. Even so, too little too late, especially since the last few years focus is away from SP (making it ridiculously easy to have a perfect blow away seaosn) and more on MP. Anyway, with BioWare titles becoming worse and worse with every release, there's literally nothing there that's even remotely interesting to me. I did get DA:I as a present, and I did have an Origin account for previous BioWare titles.
< >
Showing 1-4 of 4 comments
Per page: 1530 50

Date Posted: Dec 27, 2014 @ 9:22pm