Steam Store listing is limiting
Why do I have to select all games in order to see all the free to play, action and etc games.

Every time I click on a catergory they force you to look at New popular releases, most populaor special and comming soon. Where the rest of the games steam? I know there more games in the catergory stop hiding them please!!
< >
Showing 1-13 of 13 comments
Black Blade Nov 20, 2014 @ 7:54am 
well i think if you want to see all the games, and not only that part you can use the Tag, that its based off to see it:
http://store.steampowered.com/search/?snr=1_4_4__12&term=#sort_by=_ASC&tags=19&page=1
From the search
lecarev017 Nov 20, 2014 @ 9:00am 
same problem (
Fidd- Nov 20, 2014 @ 9:19am 
yeah

I hate this too, my HD crashed recently and I'm re-installing some games, It's so annoying not having all the games available on the F2P tab, most tabs seem to work except for that one.

In general the whole store is horrible, they're trying to push the curators recomendations, which I frankly don't need to see, I don't give a crap what that english biscuit guy thinks about games, and what the hell is up with the queue? it doesn't seem to help in any way, it just shows you game, after game, after game.
Last edited by fun_house_skeleton; Nov 20, 2014 @ 9:39am
The thing is we should be able to click free 2 play and see everythign in the free 2 play tag not just the popular stuff.
Ruaffu Nov 21, 2014 @ 5:39am 
yeah i agree
)))))))) Nov 21, 2014 @ 6:30am 
agreed
Originally posted by Sirius O'rely:
The thing is we should be able to click free 2 play and see everythign in the free 2 play tag not just the popular stuff.
Maybe Steam is following the ♥♥♥♥♥♥ methods of Netflix who will always "recommend" and we dont want recomendations, we want to be free of finding everythinhg we want!!!
Patchouli Donut Nov 21, 2014 @ 3:12pm 
In general being forced to see "recommendations" is horrid...i no longer know what new games are available because i am only seeing what they think i want. I have NEVER bought a sports game EVER but they think i want to see games about baseball and football ? Unless i know about the game from TV or the internet i won't know about it. Good thing i knew about Shadow of Mordor, because it's no longer being shown to me in the featured games window anymore.
Steam has really messed things up lately. Even the link to share a game i found with a friend is gone, i have to tell them the name so they can search for it.
I feel bad for a lot of indie game devs, because 90 percent of thier stuff not even beign shown.
Black Blade Nov 22, 2014 @ 10:07am 
Originally posted by MagiK Nanak:
Maybe Steam is following the ♥♥♥♥♥♥ methods of Netflix who will always "recommend" and we dont want recomendations, we want to be free of finding everythinhg we want!!!
You can find every thing, try the Search blank... nothing is blocking you from doing so

Originally posted by Mr. Pickles:
In general being forced to see "recommendations" is horrid...i no longer know what new games are available because i am only seeing what they think i want. I have NEVER bought a sports game EVER but they think i want to see games about baseball and football ? Unless i know about the game from TV or the internet i won't know about it. Good thing i knew about Shadow of Mordor, because it's no longer being shown to me in the featured games window anymore.
Steam has really messed things up lately. Even the link to share a game i found with a friend is gone, i have to tell them the name so they can search for it.
You do not have to use it, there many ways to use the store, and its not like you can only use the recomdsin system

Also how is these related to the OPs post abut categories? or did i miss understand something?
The tags are more autmatic as are at ease of filtering. Doing Search takes to long and if you don't know the game exact name it willl take a while. The point is there may be other ways, but we still should be able to see everythign in one click, not 20.
Leonem Nov 24, 2014 @ 8:27am 
The funny thing is that steam changed the store page for games to be easier to find... but it's not when popular recommandations are what is popping up first and only.
It's not that hard to try a research in the search box but seriously, what's the point of adding filters if there's not enough filters for every kind of games and when the most popular stuff keep showing anyway?

The choices in the "Customize" options of the store page are terribly lame to be honest.
There's nothing really helpful in these filters...
Last edited by Leonem; Nov 24, 2014 @ 8:28am
< >
Showing 1-13 of 13 comments
Per page: 1530 50

Date Posted: Nov 20, 2014 @ 7:05am