Why does my trading need additional confirmation for?
Somehow it froze my trading with a friend while waiting for email additional confirmation (and yet my friend seem to know it doesn't send the message as though it usually does) when i'm just trying to give my cards away for free...does anyone have this trouble?
Last edited by AquilliusRanger; May 3, 2015 @ 11:42pm
< >
Showing 1-3 of 3 comments
Teksura May 3, 2015 @ 11:47pm 
This is not "trouble", this is a security feature to protect you and your items. It is possible to disable but not reccomended and doing so forfits any right to have Support help you if you lose anything.

Whenever you make a trade which would result in you losing items, it sends an email confirmation. If you're not losing anything in the trade, it doesn't send one. That's why your friend isn't getting anything.

This is Valve's answer to hinder the various phishing scams which were a pretty big problem some time ago. The forums were basically full of people calling for them to do something, or lamenting lost items, or outright demanding someone "fix" it. So they did.
Last edited by Teksura; May 3, 2015 @ 11:48pm
AquilliusRanger May 3, 2015 @ 11:50pm 
Originally posted by Teksura:
This is not "trouble", this is a security feature to protect you and your items. It is possible to disable but not reccomended and doing so forfits any right to have Support help you if you lose anything.

Whenever you make a trade which would result in you losing items, it sends an email confirmation. If you're not losing anything in the trade, it doesn't send one. That's why your friend isn't getting anything.

This is Valve's answer to hinder the various phishing scams which were a pretty big problem some time ago. The forums were basically full of people calling for them to do something, or lamenting lost items, or outright demanding someone "fix" it. So they did.
Double the "trouble"...So that means I can't trade my friend with the cards for free?
Last edited by AquilliusRanger; May 3, 2015 @ 11:50pm
Teksura May 3, 2015 @ 11:50pm 
Originally posted by Aquillius:
Originally posted by Teksura:

Double the trouble...So that means I can't trade my friend with the cards for free?
You can. Just go to your email and click the big green "Send Trade Offer" button.
Last edited by Teksura; May 3, 2015 @ 11:51pm
< >
Showing 1-3 of 3 comments
Per page: 1530 50

Date Posted: May 3, 2015 @ 11:39pm