t_kogyo Oct 24, 2014 @ 4:32pm
A couple of pros and cons of the new steam storefront/ui
Perhaps I posted the following in the wrong sub forum...

cons:
- getting recommendations for games you already own (on cd, dvd or through another store), and not being able to tag them as such
- being confronted every time by a block of so-called curators I did not choose (I have my own strategy for determining which game could be interesting), and more importantly not being able to 'switch off' this block of 'curators'
- an unpleasant color scheme
- it is not possible to view a list of games you tagged as not interested, making it very difficult to change your mind
- buying a game on your wishlist does not automatically remove it from your wishlist
- and there are probably more cons...

pros:
- as a consequence of the above: at the moment I only log in to play games in my backlog (in 'settings' I changed my 'favorite window' to 'library')
- another consequence of the above: I have emptied my 'wishlist' and 'followlist' which results in less mails from steam (I now use an alternative method of keeping track of games I am interested in)
- and another consequence of the above: the past weeks I only bought a game on steam by using the amount available in my steam wallet (as a result of selling trading cards)
- I am getting to be more open-minded (broadening my horizon) about the advantages of other stores, thinking about letting other advantages prevail
- and there are probably more pros...

And finally: the lack of response by steam is annoying; considering all the threads/posts on this topic I can safely assume I am not the only one getting irritated or even fed up by the new storefront/ui.

------
My thoughts only, I do not represent anyone else
< >
Showing 1-2 of 2 comments
Hextravert Oct 24, 2014 @ 4:41pm 
Until they allow Steam users to completely switch off the curator feature, Following at least 1 of those so-called curators will get rid of the above-mentioned confrontational block of curators that you didn't choose.

------
My suggestion. I do not represent anyone else.

Originally posted by t_kogyo:
- being confronted every time by a block of so-called curators I did not choose (I have my own strategy for determining which game could be interesting), and more importantly not being able to 'switch off' this block of 'curators'
Hibachi Oct 24, 2014 @ 5:19pm 
Originally posted by Hextravert:
Until they allow Steam users to completely switch off the curator feature, Following at least 1 of those so-called curators will get rid of the above-mentioned confrontational block of curators that you didn't choose.

Choosing one curator means you validate the system.
Even if it's a joke one, or if you're following yourself : this is positive feedback, as in : the feature is used.
Last edited by Hibachi; Oct 24, 2014 @ 5:19pm
< >
Showing 1-2 of 2 comments
Per page: 1530 50

Date Posted: Oct 24, 2014 @ 4:32pm