TUTEL May 22, 2015 @ 3:21am
Hi-jacked account
my account has been hijacked.. i can no longer access it and they even changed the email.. i already submitted a ticket for steam support.. since theres nothing else i can do right now but wait.. how long does it take for steam support to acts? thanks!
Last edited by TUTEL; May 22, 2015 @ 3:22am
< >
Showing 1-9 of 9 comments
J4MESOX4D May 22, 2015 @ 3:25am 
Steam can take up to 4 weeks to respond from the original ticket submission date. As long as it's open; you will get a response. In the meantime; have you safeguarded your PC and online accounts by running anti-malware software and changing all online account passwords you have?
TUTEL May 22, 2015 @ 3:29am 
yeah i did spybot, ccleaning and antivirus run.. caught 3 viruses tho.. changed my passwords to all accounts.. sad tho.. i have purchased games there that cost me alot.. i hope steam can help me with this.. but 4 week? thats quite a while..
J4MESOX4D May 22, 2015 @ 3:40am 
Originally posted by ..i..(•?•)..i..:
yeah i did spybot, ccleaning and antivirus run.. caught 3 viruses tho.. changed my passwords to all accounts.. sad tho.. i have purchased games there that cost me alot.. i hope steam can help me with this.. but 4 week? thats quite a while..
Don't worry too much - as long as your PC is clean; you'll just have to wait but Support will be able to retrieve your account with all your games on. Sadly the volume of tickets submitted makes even priority cases like this go extremely slow but as long as the ticket is open; the situation will be resolved.
TUTEL May 22, 2015 @ 3:56am 
thanks bro.. anyways.. this is my 1st time so.. how do i keep my ticket open? do i have to keep on bumping it? i dont spam msgs.. makes me feel bad..
Veesla May 22, 2015 @ 4:28am 
If you got game boxes, you should have cd key write in it, Steam support will certainly ask you to take a picture of these cd keys to verify it's your account
I get hijacked my account some years ago and in a week it got it back ;)
Last edited by Veesla; May 22, 2015 @ 4:29am
TUTEL May 22, 2015 @ 4:42am 
yeah i have key codes with me tho.. and credit card record.. which i used for the transactions.. i hope they can act asap.. T_T thanks for the info guys!
J4MESOX4D May 22, 2015 @ 5:03am 
Originally posted by ..i..(•?•)..i..:
thanks bro.. anyways.. this is my 1st time so.. how do i keep my ticket open? do i have to keep on bumping it? i dont spam msgs.. makes me feel bad..
You don't have to do anything apart from await the next response from Support and that will keep the ticket open. You can update it at any time if you need to but it wont speed the process up. Just don't close it or open up more because it'll cause the process to stall.
TUTEL May 22, 2015 @ 5:35am 
thanks for the advice guys!! it gives relief for me..
HLCinSC May 22, 2015 @ 8:10am 
I would also do a full scan with malware bytes in safe mode without networking.
< >
Showing 1-9 of 9 comments
Per page: 1530 50

Date Posted: May 22, 2015 @ 3:21am