What is dfferent buy a game in Steam with buy in a game store?
is that have a good benefit when i buy on steam than i buy in a Game store?
< >
Showing 1-7 of 7 comments
Black Blade May 22, 2015 @ 1:46am 
As you have a non-limited account, then i guess not, just buy were ever its cheaper for you or you prefer

On any case, you do need to buy something every 12 mouths to be able to keep using the market and trading, if i remember right
Tev May 22, 2015 @ 2:37am 
Originally posted by Black Blade:
On any case, you do need to buy something every 12 mouths to be able to keep using the market and trading, if i remember right

That is correct, because you will need a transaction that takes place more than 30 days; less than 365 days - in order to use Steam Market. :)

Some games bought in retail form don't activate through Steam, mind you. Some games have Steamworks features only if bought from the Steam Store, i.e. Grand Theft Auto V with its achievements.

Some forums require you to own the game on Steam to access their Steam -side forums, i.e. The Elder Scrolls: Online.
Last edited by Tev; May 22, 2015 @ 2:38am
i see, today i just buy a batman arkham origins, so i can just unlock my steam market?
Tev May 22, 2015 @ 3:31am 
Originally posted by Nuggy.S:
i see, today i just buy a batman arkham origins, so i can just unlock my steam market?
If you bought it from http://store.steampowered.com and you haven't made a previous transaction before that.

Then you've to wait 30 days and Steam Market will unlock for you, correct. :)

Also keep an eye on this for other restrictions: https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=1047-edfm-2932
If you want to use the Steam Community Market, you must have made a purchase on Steam between 30 and 365 days ago.

If you have no such purchases, and you make a Steam purchase today, then you will need to wait 30 days before you can use the Market.

If today's purchase was in a game store, this is irrelevant and will not help you unlock the Steam Community Market.
Thank You Teutep and Black Blade for answers :)
Originally posted by Nuggy.S:
is that have a good benefit when i buy on steam than i buy in a Game store?
Some games function independently of Steam when you buy them from a game store. This can be a good or bad thing depending on what features you want.

Some games that you buy in a game store force you to redeem the game on Steam anyway.

Buying directly from Steam has some perks such as that mentioned above with the Market. Also other minor perks such as getting sales event trading cards during major sales events. Other than that, not really anything, besides having the game permanently tied to your Steam account (and redownloadable if you lose your physical copy, for example).
< >
Showing 1-7 of 7 comments
Per page: 1530 50

Date Posted: May 22, 2015 @ 1:38am