This topic has been locked
ac19189 May 6, 2014 @ 11:47pm
Steams really going down hill fast... :\
You know I remember starting off on steam back during CS and what not. Only reason I stuck in it with steam was because it was showing lots of promise but anymore it just feels like its being a cash cow. I honestly feel like up and moving to another place. I was wondering what everyone elses thoughts were on this?

A few reasons for my comments above.
I noticed back when steam was worth using they had really good quality control you had to have an awesome game just to make it in had nothing to do with money or fans but atleast you had good working games. Now any monkey in a suite with enough fans and time can release an early access game and charge whatever the hell they want and steam is totally cool with it.

Now while thats cool and all what happens when you make a movie of a game as a trailer but the game itself has NOTHING that trailer shows and then you just run around taking peoples money and going ITS ALPHA you would thing steam might step in but nope. Its up to us as the people shelling out the cash to look at the video game images and read the forums to find out whats true because the game has NO demo and steam doesnt care.

So what we are left with is game companies can charge whatever they want and show us whatever they want and we need to be able to look at it and go nope thats not really whats in the game without playing it or read the forums and find other people that have been scammed out of their money.

You would think steam would step in at this point but nope. Its your fault for buying a game without playing it first... I really dont see how this is acceptable by steam but it is. I miss the good days when we had some quality control. A perfect example is starforge that games trailers vs what content it has is laughable then the staff keeps using comments such as its alpha or we moved to an office or someone quit.

Yet steam still lets them sell the game while I would be okay with this even early access at that if steam lived up to its own claims... <.< http://store.steampowered.com/earlyaccessfaq/ early access FAQ and i quote.

"Is this the same as pre-purchasing a game?
No. Early Access is a full purchase of a playable game. By purchasing, you gain immediate access to download and play the game in its current form and as it evolves up and through 'release'."

Well what if the game isnt playable just because you can load something and walk around doing nothing doesnt make the game playable it makes it LOADABLE but not playable yet here we sit. I just dont understand how steam could go from caring about its players to telling us to shove off we just want your money.

Maybe I am wrong feel free to comment and tell me what you guys think or feel about this.
Date Posted: May 6, 2014 @ 11:47pm