This topic has been locked
|Joanie| Mar 8, 2014 @ 2:27pm
Why VALVE allow something on community that violate their own guidelines?
Why VALVE allowed a tropico emoticone that is representative of illegal drugs in many country and place, BUT in the community guidelines, you(VALVE) tell the entire opposite of this.

The leaf emoticone that promote illegal substance should be changed to a maple leaf. Otherwise VALVE literally violate their own community guidelines about this.

Thanks
Showing 1-15 of 48 comments
< >
Quazimortal Mar 8, 2014 @ 2:35pm 
Can you point me to a place that shows the emoticon you are talking about?
Last edited by Quazimortal; Mar 8, 2014 @ 2:36pm
lol123 Mar 8, 2014 @ 3:11pm 
ya i agree
FFL2and3rocks Mar 8, 2014 @ 3:21pm 
Using a weed emoticon is not promoting the use of it.
Oops! I used a beer emoticon! Am I violating the community guidelines by posting it?
Quazimortal Mar 8, 2014 @ 3:23pm 
I still haven't found any proof of it even existing. The wikia page for the Steam trading cards for Tropico 4 lists some emoticons and none of them are of a marijuana leaf.
Meatbug Mar 8, 2014 @ 3:30pm 
Last edited by Meatbug; Mar 8, 2014 @ 3:31pm
Quazimortal Mar 8, 2014 @ 3:35pm 
Thanks Meatbug, couldn't find that for the life of me.

I think the OP has a legitimate argument actually. Whether you think weed should be illegal or not, should a multinational company that has rules against discussing drugs on it's forums be allowed to have an emoticon of something that is an illegal drug in many countries?
TirithRR Mar 8, 2014 @ 3:41pm 
Alcohol is illegal in some countries too.

But hey, it's the actual plant, not a rolled joint, a bag, or a bong. I think that makes a difference. Like if they had a picture of a poppy plant vs a syringe of heroin.
Last edited by TirithRR; Mar 8, 2014 @ 3:41pm
Bananaᴴᴰ ๖ۣۜKush Mar 8, 2014 @ 3:42pm 

Hue.
Quazimortal Mar 8, 2014 @ 3:44pm 
Originally posted by TirithRR:
Alcohol is illegal in some countries too.

But hey, it's the actual plant, not a rolled joint, a bag, or a bong. I think that makes a difference. Like if they had a picture of a poppy plant vs a syringe of heroin.

The drug doesn't have to be in a joint, bag, or bong in order for you to get arrested for having it so that point is rather invalid.

Also, the vast majority of countries on this planet allow the consumption of alcohol. On the flip side, the vast majority of countries on this planet do NOT allow consumption or possession of marijuana.

Majority rule and all that.
Gus the Crocodile Mar 8, 2014 @ 3:47pm 
Hah. See also: allowed to name a game Stealth ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥, not allowed to write the name of the game on the forum without being censored.
Last edited by Gus the Crocodile; Mar 8, 2014 @ 3:47pm
Black Blade Mar 8, 2014 @ 4:13pm 
i think these is going to far... i mean we have
<- smoking

and many more things but is that really the first thing that come in mind in seeing it?
I mean ya its used as a drug... but hi its also a plant that is used for more things + its a plant XD
Quazimortal Mar 8, 2014 @ 4:16pm 
Yes, the first thing that comes to people's minds when seeing a marijuana leaf is the recreational use of it and not it's many other uses. I'd have thought that would be obvious.
Black Blade Mar 8, 2014 @ 4:22pm 
Originally posted by Quazimortal:
Yes, the first thing that comes to people's minds when seeing a marijuana leaf is the recreational use of it and not it's many other uses. I'd have thought that would be obvious.
not to me XD
Any how i seen that leaf on shirts and many outher things... maybe its related to that use but its not calling to do it
Valve dose say that there guide lines not allow to really talk abut its use... but i do not think it means you cant talk abut it been there.... as that is something that is out there and is there...
Silicon Vampire Mar 8, 2014 @ 4:32pm 
I think people are reading too much into a few pixels. That emo doesn't represent a real pot leaf very well. Yes, there is a resemblance. Who cares...
Quazimortal Mar 8, 2014 @ 4:35pm 
Originally posted by Silicon Vampire:
I think people are reading too much into a few pixels. That emo doesn't represent a real pot leaf very well. Yes, there is a resemblance. Who cares...
Wow, is that seriously the stance you're gonna take as a moderator?

Obviously some people care otherwise this thread wouldn't exist. Maybe you should think before you type since you are representing Steam when you post?
Showing 1-15 of 48 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50

Date Posted: Mar 8, 2014 @ 2:27pm