Este tópico foi fechado
Bonger Bob 20 fev. 2014 às 22:49
Locked thread, no explantion or reason why ???
Ubisoft, WeBmad

can a moderator please state the reason as to why this was locked, there is no breach of any TOS as far i can see from any posts on the thread.

This was made as a courtesy for the steam community with respect to prevent customers from unwhitting purchasing titles without an awareness of the DRM requirements.
Última alteração por Bonger Bob; 20 fev. 2014 às 22:51
< >
A mostrar 1-15 de 17 comentários
ReBoot 20 fev. 2014 às 23:02 
I can imagine one reason. Games using Uplay stay that on the store page. Quite clearly, actually. So your past paragraph is a lie already.
Bonger Bob 20 fev. 2014 às 23:10 
in what way is my past paragraph a lie ??? Please do explain rather than attempting to invalidate my question.

there are people who miss that little bit of fine print / are unaware of what U-Play actually is or how it can negatively impact legitimate software use. The discussion thread i started was based on, and stayed on topic of that exact thing.

or is it now a breach to even discuss DRM in any form ??
Última alteração por Bonger Bob; 20 fev. 2014 às 23:11
ReBoot 20 fev. 2014 às 23:11 
Originalmente postado por anerion26:
in what way is my past paragraph a lie ??? Please do explain.
"unwhitting purchasing titles without an awareness of the DRM requirements."
That's what you said. The store page mentions the requirement of Uplay already, however. So the DRM requirement is stated. Clearly. On the store page. Thanks for assuming that people don't know what's on the store page, but it's not up to you to repeat the store page in the forum.

Also, the usual way people talk of Uplay is over-the-top drama. Chances are, you did the same.
Última alteração por ReBoot; 20 fev. 2014 às 23:12
Bonger Bob 20 fev. 2014 às 23:13 
Originalmente postado por ReBoot:
That's what you said. The store page mentions the requirement of Uplay already, however. So the DRM requirement is stated. Clearly. On the store page.

you're veiw of what is clearly stated is an opinion, mine differers from that, having it half way down the page, in grey does not make it highly visable. This is one of the things that was being discussed in the forementioned thread.
Bonger Bob 20 fev. 2014 às 23:15 

Also, the usual way people talk of Uplay is over-the-top drama. Chances are, you did the same.

Please back your comments with fact, and read the thread, I have been and am always open to a mature discussion regarding many aspects of gaming, and i welcome you to do the same.
ReBoot 20 fev. 2014 às 23:15 
That's what you said. The store page mentions the requirement of Uplay already, however. So the DRM requirement is stated. Clearly. On the store page.

you're veiw of what is clearly stated is an opinion, mine differers from that, having it half way down the page, in grey does not make it highly visable. This is one of the things that was being discussed in the forementioned thread.
a) There's still no reason to assume that it was discussed properly without drama.
b) So what? It is stated. It's not like it's a problem. Problems might deserve being mentioned on top. This is not a problem.
c) It is still mentioned. It's your own fault if you don't want to read the system requirements and buy something which you can not run. Although Uplay doesn't prevent you from running the game at all.
Satoru 20 fev. 2014 às 23:18 
https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=4045-USHJ-3810

Refer to the rules because this thread already breaks one
Bonger Bob 20 fev. 2014 às 23:23 
No, i have been very careful not to attempt to discuss moderation. I have simply requested a reason as to understand what breach im alleged to have done as to avoid it in future.

either that or there is an abuse of administration that i will report accordingly. Before i make any assumptions, i like to base them in fact ;)

TeKraken 20 fev. 2014 às 23:25 
Was the thread posted in the specific games section?
Satoru 20 fev. 2014 às 23:27 
Originalmente postado por TeKraken:

It was a typical Uplay whine thread. Which devolved into an anti-drm tthread despite teh fact that Steam itself is DRM
Última alteração por Satoru; 20 fev. 2014 às 23:28
Bonger Bob 20 fev. 2014 às 23:29 

No, it was posted in general due to it being a genral discussion on the entire of ubisofts uplay DRM.
Bonger Bob 20 fev. 2014 às 23:32 
Originalmente postado por Satoru:

It was a typical Uplay whine thread. Which devolved into an anti-drm tthread despite teh fact that Steam itself is DRM

So anything that has a view that isn't all rosey and sweet smelling has no rights to voice anything ?? very surprising OPINION you have stated. This does nothing to state the fact and question, what in the thread breached a TOS that constituted it being locked ??

we are all VERY aware that steam is DRM, that is one of the points that was being discussed.
personally i have no problem with steam or uplay indivually, but when their bundled and with a buyer beware ethic, we were discussing the pro's and con's of such doubling of DRM and more to the point, making other steam member who may not be aware, that there is DRM additional to Steam when you purchase a Ubisoft game.
Última alteração por Bonger Bob; 20 fev. 2014 às 23:35
TeKraken 20 fev. 2014 às 23:33 

Oh another one of those.

It was also discussing piracy. That's another reason for the lock.
Bonger Bob 20 fev. 2014 às 23:40 

It was also discussing piracy. That's another reason for the lock.

very interesting how a discussion on DRM can be veiwed as one of (opps, can't even type that word !! ).

Noted, new thread started with that in mind, ty
Última alteração por Bonger Bob; 20 fev. 2014 às 23:42
TeKraken 20 fev. 2014 às 23:41 
It was not a "view" that it was discussing it. It clearly is/was.
Última alteração por TeKraken; 20 fev. 2014 às 23:41
< >
A mostrar 1-15 de 17 comentários
Por página: 1530 50

Postado a: 20 fev. 2014 às 22:49
Comentários: 17