Este tópico foi trancado
Bonger Bob 20/fev./2014 às 18:44
Ubisoft, WeBmad
For all those who may not be aware, BUY UBISOFT at your own risk, please BEWARE that Ubisoft games ( most if not ALL ) require you to install 3rd party DRM ( U-play ) that requires separate login etc in addition to Steam.

This is basically doubling up on DRM, to the consumers detriment.

This service has been fraught with downtime issues and will restrict how and when you can use your purchase accordingly.

IMHO you would have to be crazy to purchase these. Yes some of their games are great, but 3rd party doubling up of DRM is destroying gaming and only promtes piracy ( the more hoops you make people jump through, the more likely some will get pissed off and crack it ).
< >
Exibindo comentários 115 de 27
Black Blade 20/fev./2014 às 18:48 
never really had much problem with u-play...
TirithRR 20/fev./2014 às 18:50 
I've got half a dozen games on Uplay, all of Assassin's Creed, Far Cry 3, Anno, Might and Magic VI. Never had an issue.
I`ve had Uplay since it started and I only had two small issues with it. One was a Deluxe CDkey issue and customer support helped my quickly with this issue and the other being kicked out of some games when the connection was lost. They got rid of the always on DRM and you only need to be online when you register a game and get updates. Seams silly not to buy these games because of Uplay. Most of these games on sale dont need Uplay at all and its mainly the new releases that use it anyway.
TirithRR 20/fev./2014 às 18:59 
People hate on Uplay the same way they used to hate on Steam, and still do hate on Steam. Of course people hating on Steam these days are laughed at.

Both Uplay and Origin have some nice features that Steam does not. And as far as downtime, Steam has plenty of it as well.
Bonger Bob 20/fev./2014 às 19:00 
Escrito originalmente por Black Blade (Study again \(-.-)/:
never really had much problem with u-play...

others have, let alone the principle of having an additional DRM above Steam is just blatant contempt for it customers.

It reeks of "we don't have any trust in our customers or steam". lets face it, if your here, using the game, you've have happily paid for it. The DRM has lost it's purpose the moment your transaction has gone through. So it only penalises legitimate customers, not the piracy it alleges to prevent.
Bonger Bob 20/fev./2014 às 19:01 
Escrito originalmente por TirithRR:
People hate on Uplay the same way they used to hate on Steam, and still do hate on Steam. Of course people hating on Steam these days are laughed at.

Both Uplay and Origin have some nice features that Steam does not. And as far as downtime, Steam has plenty of it as well.

hence why have 2 levels of DRM, it equals twice the chance of being unable to use your purchased product.

If your going to retail on steam, remove your ♥♥♥♥♥♥ bundled 3rd party multiple login required crap.
Última edição por Bonger Bob; 20/fev./2014 às 19:02
TirithRR 20/fev./2014 às 19:03 
Except, you could just start Uplay and play it... only one level of DRM. You don't need Steam to play a Uplay or Origin game, some people just want to have it listed in their library.
Black Blade 20/fev./2014 às 19:06 
Escrito originalmente por anerion26:
It reeks of "we don't have any trust in our customers or steam". lets face it, if your here, using the game, you've have happily paid for it. The DRM has lost it's purpose the moment your transaction has gone through. So it only penalises legitimate customers, not the piracy it alleges to prevent.
What? that is so untrue.. in case you did not know the DRM is there to block the cracking and stealing of the game + then resaleing it on CD and so on

Its to block the pirets from even going on.... (like so far working well in most games to block them from multiplayer)

Escrito originalmente por TirithRR:
Except, you could just start Uplay and play it... only one level of DRM. You don't need Steam to play a Uplay or Origin game, some people just want to have it listed in their library.

Also these... you can also just buy it in Uplay if you like... ubisoft will be happy if you do that they earn more from that
Última edição por Black Blade; 20/fev./2014 às 19:07
Bonger Bob 20/fev./2014 às 19:15 
What? that is so untrue.. in case you did not know the DRM is there to block the cracking and stealing of the game + then resaleing it on CD and so on

Its to block the pirets from even going on.... (like so far working well in most games to block them from multiplayer)

DRM does not stop piracy. You can get a crack for any game. The multiplayer aspect is the only thing that forces a check on the DRM and prevents unauthorized access to the online aspect of the game, it does not prevent copying or cracking though.

It does however force single player games to have an online requirement. So if your internet connection goes down, your screwed.

I live in Australia, and we have a pretty ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ mess for telco's and connection stabitlity etc even in certain city locales, not just regoinal areas. Secondly and to that effect of being in Australia, I have experianced downtime, and validation issues with Uplay. Being my timezone is completely different to Ubisofts, support is more painful than usual and downtime can be for several hrs until they get to business hrs and correct it.
Black Blade 20/fev./2014 às 19:19 
DRM does not stop piracy. You can get a crack for any game. The multiplayer aspect is the only thing that forces a check on the DRM and prevents unauthorized access to the online aspect of the game, it does not prevent copying or cracking though.
But in the end it makes it less easy to get the game crack? yes it dose... there are smart crackers out there so they do get to crack it one reason why some games may not want to release to PC really as it makes it easy.....
But DRM needs to block it i did not say it works that good yet

And really DRM is not something that Game Comapnys want is what they need as of the pricey... as if there was no pricey no one really need DRM
Última edição por Black Blade; 20/fev./2014 às 19:20
Drunken 20/fev./2014 às 19:22 
This service has been fraught with downtime issues and will restrict how and when you can use your purchase accordingly.

Hm, I'm getting kicked from cod multiplayer matches because of steam downtimes (status site says it's down then, so it's not just me) nearly every day.
I was unable to play one of my ACs for some hours at one day. Never had any further issues.

Once you have your Ubi-acc you don't see much of it, if you don't want to.

People decided with their money to have DRM, now they have to live with it and all the crap like doulble drm, no reselling, always online...
TirithRR 20/fev./2014 às 19:23 
DRM does stop piracy, just not completely. There are always those lazy ones out there that just give up, or download a virus and have their PCs ruined.

DRM + Quick Legitimate sources you can access from anywhere (DRM +digital distribution, Steam, Uplay, Origin) = Less piracy. Just look at music.
Black Blade 20/fev./2014 às 19:24 
I just look and UPlay has a offline mode.. so you sure you cant active that and play with out been connected? (if you do not shotoff the PC or close UPlay)
Drunken 20/fev./2014 às 19:28 
When I was at school, I didn't have that much money to buy games every month. So I had some cracked ones.
But now? Why should I have the trouble of cracking a game if I can afford it?
Kids without money can't spend money, so where's the sense in stopping their piracy?
Bonger Bob 20/fev./2014 às 19:30 

Also these... you can also just buy it in Uplay if you like... ubisoft will be happy if you do that they earn more from that

So then why sell in steam. If all devs did this, we'd have X login identitys for Y games and have so many 3rd party DRM login software running in the background it would start to bog things down.

If you want to go to U-play and then buy and use fine, if you want to go to steam and buy and use you should have the same ability. The only thing preventing a breach of Australian trade law is the fact you don't have to pay directly for U-play otherwise it would be a clear case of forced selling ( forcing a consumer to take up a additional purchase of a third party product or service when purchasing ).

U-play came out largely as a response to Steam in the first place. It's was Ubisofts attempt to gain a section of a developing marketplace. Im actually shocked that steam allow it as essentially its using steam to "sell" a competing product similar to steam. That in itself would be a good argument for not having this level of 3rd party DRM.

I don't buy EA anymore largely because of Origin being forced down your throat, and i won't be buying Ubisoft for the same reason. The world your post aspires to would have all gamers using multiple logins through various commercial companys 3rd party apps just to play a game. This lacks any level of ethics or respect for customers.
< >
Exibindo comentários 115 de 27
Por página: 1530 50

Publicado em: 20/fev./2014 às 18:44