Denna tråd har blivit låst
Rolo 19 feb, 2014 @ 12:32
SAD NEWS Disabled Family Sharing in Offline mode
WHY?!
the offline mode dont hold any multiplayer treath to the game company :S!

i think that was a great way to play without disturbing anyone!!
< >
Visar 1-15 av 29 kommentarer
Satoru 19 feb, 2014 @ 12:40 
Steam cant authorize 1 account per library if you'r in offline mode
Rolo 19 feb, 2014 @ 12:49 
Ursprungligen skrivet av Satoru:
Steam cant authorize 1 account per library if you'r in offline mode

after this update i could just go offline and play my friend game, without disturbing their playtime.

now steam says "this game isnt ready offline mode"
Varcarus™ 19 feb, 2014 @ 13:55 
It's to stop people like you from playing co-op for free.

I welcome this FIX :P
Senast ändrad av Varcarus™; 19 feb, 2014 @ 13:55
Rolo 19 feb, 2014 @ 13:57 
then .. DONT PUT FAMILY "fantasy" there. bad advertising
crunchyfrog 19 feb, 2014 @ 14:21 
Are you sure this has been changed in any way?

As Satoru says, if you're offline, then it can't authorize anything, and Steam periodically checks licences. If - assuming this is the case - you haven't logged in for a time, then it's possible this is the real issue here.

On the other hand, if it has been disabled, I'm not surprised in the slightest. Why should you reasonably expect to be able to play the same game licence with more than one person at the same time?

Ursprungligen skrivet av rodown:

No, it isn't. It's precisely correct - you can still share your account with family members.
Senast ändrad av crunchyfrog; 19 feb, 2014 @ 14:23
Rolo 19 feb, 2014 @ 14:51 
yes. i know the thing is that the bug that alows the borrower to play offline games such as "mark of the ninja" or local coop as "castle crashers" cant be executed in offline mode with this update..

puting an example:

if i am playing awesomenauts online. and i my friend want to play "speedrunners (local coop) with his gf then he goes offline mode and plays without having to disturb my playtime ...

i mean no one loose here ?

he is not playing online multiplayers
he is playing an offline game without disturbing me.

now thats gone :C i have to stop playing so he can enjoy with hes girl.
Rolo 19 feb, 2014 @ 14:54 
Ursprungligen skrivet av crunchyfrog:

No, it isn't. It's precisely correct - you can still share your account with family members.

i know.. i rage a bit. sorry
Senast ändrad av Rolo; 19 feb, 2014 @ 14:55
Dagnabbit 19 feb, 2014 @ 15:26 
Ursprungligen skrivet av crunchyfrog:
Are you sure this has been changed in any way?

As Satoru says, if you're offline, then it can't authorize anything, and Steam periodically checks licences. If - assuming this is the case - you haven't logged in for a time, then it's possible this is the real issue here.

On the other hand, if it has been disabled, I'm not surprised in the slightest. Why should you reasonably expect to be able to play the same game licence with more than one person at the same time?

They did disable it.

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/SteamClientBeta#announcements/detail/1694780293380486865

It was precisely because of people like the OP and his friend both playing the same license at the same time on different machines. That's not what Family Sharing was for.
Rolo 19 feb, 2014 @ 15:52 
but it make no sense!! if u are in OFFLINE mode u cannot play online games :S!

i mean in cases like the one i said before. not for advantage of playing 1 license on 2 pc´s its for playing diferent licenses (games) on diferent pc´s at the same time!
Discussions_Acc 19 feb, 2014 @ 16:15 
but it make no sense!! if u are in OFFLINE mode u cannot play online games :S!
So? That's not the point.
Family Sharing is supposed to give multiple people access to a library but only one person at the same time. It doesn't matter if it's an online game or not.
What you did was probably not intended in the first place so they simply fixed this way to abuse the system.
Senast ändrad av Discussions_Acc; 19 feb, 2014 @ 16:16
Rolo 19 feb, 2014 @ 18:16 
anyway.. im just sad about it.
seems than JUST ME
LegendaryKira 20 feb, 2014 @ 4:34 
it is you. lets say you bought a indie game that has multiplayer and singleplayer.
you play multiplayer while your friend plays singleplayer.
when done you switch around or what not.
the developer would lose money, and in this case it being from a indie developer that could make him or break his company in tiny little pieces when enough people do it.

familysharing is more like for people in your family that you can trust your account library with to test/play the games you have while you are doing other things. that would be the same case without it.
Senast ändrad av LegendaryKira; 20 feb, 2014 @ 4:35
 KARR™ 20 feb, 2014 @ 5:26 

i mean no one loose here ?

now thats gone :C i have to stop playing so he can enjoy with hes girl.

The developer seems to have lost out on the revenue for the game that they havn't sold.

Why not get your friend, if he likes this game so much and plays it so much to... BUY their own copy?
BernardoOne 20 feb, 2014 @ 8:37 
Yeah, it sucks, but it was a loophole that allowed 10 people to play at the same time, which is not what was intended, so Im ok with this.
Goa Gebhard 20 feb, 2014 @ 8:58 
Why are you raging about this? The developer needs money, and he isn't going to get money from a game that he won't sell.
The other solution for the developer would be Always-Online, and that's not really better, is it?
< >
Visar 1-15 av 29 kommentarer
Per sida: 1530 50

Datum skrivet: 19 feb, 2014 @ 12:32