rodown Feb 19 @ 12:32pm
SAD NEWS Disabled Family Sharing in Offline mode
WHY?!
the offline mode dont hold any multiplayer treath to the game company :S!

i think that was a great way to play without disturbing anyone!!
Showing 1-15 of 29 comments
< >
Satoru Feb 19 @ 12:40pm 
Steam cant authorize 1 account per library if you'r in offline mode
rodown Feb 19 @ 12:49pm 
Originally posted by Satoru:
Steam cant authorize 1 account per library if you'r in offline mode

after this update i could just go offline and play my friend game, without disturbing their playtime.

now steam says "this game isnt ready offline mode"
DatRedGuy[9RG][H7] Feb 19 @ 1:55pm 
It's to stop people like you from playing co-op for free.

I welcome this FIX :P
rodown Feb 19 @ 1:57pm 
then .. DONT PUT FAMILY "fantasy" there. bad advertising
crunchyfrog Feb 19 @ 2:21pm 
Are you sure this has been changed in any way?

As Satoru says, if you're offline, then it can't authorize anything, and Steam periodically checks licences. If - assuming this is the case - you haven't logged in for a time, then it's possible this is the real issue here.

On the other hand, if it has been disabled, I'm not surprised in the slightest. Why should you reasonably expect to be able to play the same game licence with more than one person at the same time?

Originally posted by rodown:

No, it isn't. It's precisely correct - you can still share your account with family members.
rodown Feb 19 @ 2:51pm 
yes. i know the thing is that the bug that alows the borrower to play offline games such as "mark of the ninja" or local coop as "castle crashers" cant be executed in offline mode with this update..

puting an example:

if i am playing awesomenauts online. and i my friend want to play "speedrunners (local coop) with his gf then he goes offline mode and plays without having to disturb my playtime ...

i mean no one loose here ?

he is not playing online multiplayers
he is playing an offline game without disturbing me.

now thats gone :C i have to stop playing so he can enjoy with hes girl.
rodown Feb 19 @ 2:54pm 
Originally posted by crunchyfrog:

No, it isn't. It's precisely correct - you can still share your account with family members.

i know.. i rage a bit. sorry
Dagnabbit Feb 19 @ 3:26pm 
Originally posted by crunchyfrog:
Are you sure this has been changed in any way?

As Satoru says, if you're offline, then it can't authorize anything, and Steam periodically checks licences. If - assuming this is the case - you haven't logged in for a time, then it's possible this is the real issue here.

On the other hand, if it has been disabled, I'm not surprised in the slightest. Why should you reasonably expect to be able to play the same game licence with more than one person at the same time?

They did disable it.

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/SteamClientBeta#announcements/detail/1694780293380486865

It was precisely because of people like the OP and his friend both playing the same license at the same time on different machines. That's not what Family Sharing was for.
rodown Feb 19 @ 3:52pm 
but it make no sense!! if u are in OFFLINE mode u cannot play online games :S!

i mean in cases like the one i said before. not for advantage of playing 1 license on 2 pc´s its for playing diferent licenses (games) on diferent pc´s at the same time!
Discussions_Acc Feb 19 @ 4:15pm 
but it make no sense!! if u are in OFFLINE mode u cannot play online games :S!
So? That's not the point.
Family Sharing is supposed to give multiple people access to a library but only one person at the same time. It doesn't matter if it's an online game or not.
What you did was probably not intended in the first place so they simply fixed this way to abuse the system.
rodown Feb 19 @ 6:16pm 
anyway.. im just sad about it.
seems than JUST ME
LegendaryKira Feb 20 @ 4:34am 
it is you. lets say you bought a indie game that has multiplayer and singleplayer.
you play multiplayer while your friend plays singleplayer.
when done you switch around or what not.
the developer would lose money, and in this case it being from a indie developer that could make him or break his company in tiny little pieces when enough people do it.

familysharing is more like for people in your family that you can trust your account library with to test/play the games you have while you are doing other things. that would be the same case without it.
KARR Feb 20 @ 5:26am 

i mean no one loose here ?

now thats gone :C i have to stop playing so he can enjoy with hes girl.

The developer seems to have lost out on the revenue for the game that they havn't sold.

Why not get your friend, if he likes this game so much and plays it so much to... BUY their own copy?
BernardoOne Feb 20 @ 8:37am 
Yeah, it sucks, but it was a loophole that allowed 10 people to play at the same time, which is not what was intended, so Im ok with this.
jazzpi Feb 20 @ 8:58am 
Why are you raging about this? The developer needs money, and he isn't going to get money from a game that he won't sell.
The other solution for the developer would be Always-Online, and that's not really better, is it?
Showing 1-15 of 29 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Feb 19 @ 12:32pm