Bon Jovi Fan Feb 18 @ 5:13pm
Why Steam Console - Valve is a BAD idea
This is simple and it is not the product, its the people who work for Steam/Valve. They say they have no boss which can be great, but it seems they are interested in one thing. Money, and money only.

With a website that only offers online support (ticketed too not live chat) it took them over 11 hours to contact me. They gave me a Generic answer and i replied. and still waiting on a reply 8 hours later. (Seems i have been sent to the back of a queue). Support is lacking too much in Valve/Steam. They dont care for their customers and/or what their customers have to say. They are a "Take the money and run company" it seems.

Lack of respect to me deserves less respect back, i am always one for treating others how they treat you. I will keep things clean on this occasion but Valve/Steam really do need to get their act together, so i please with you the community help try and make them see that we do matter.
Showing 1-8 of 8 comments
< >
Black Blade Feb 18 @ 5:17pm 
Have you yet notice you are 1 out of 7.5M users... and that Valve that want to give you a real porsnoal response have there support how it is?

They need to answer 7.5M users (and that is active you have more that are offline) and you say that 8 hours is too much?

I do not know were you live..... were i do it can take days just to get someone on a phone and talk to them for a servers... and its not even close to 7.5M costumers..... + there most of the time useless....

(also what is the subject related?)

And last will you really want to stand in a live chat with lets say 1M users? i dont know abut you i will go with the ticket system thanks
Last edited by Black Blade; Feb 18 @ 5:21pm
Bon Jovi Fan Feb 18 @ 5:21pm 
reread my post "and still waiting on a reply 8 hours later. (Seems i have been sent to the back of a queue). " you go to a shop, you stand in a queue right, you finally make it to the front... the guy says "hello nice to see you how can i help you?" you already waited your turn and now you have to get to the back of the cue before they ask you the next question. Lack of service
Black Blade Feb 18 @ 5:23pm 
Originally posted by Djzotics:
reread my post "and still waiting on a reply 8 hours later. (Seems i have been sent to the back of a queue). " you go to a shop, you stand in a queue right, you finally make it to the front... the guy says "hello nice to see you how can i help you?" you already waited your turn and now you have to get to the back of the cue before they ask you the next question. Lack of service
? and what abut every one else in the line? do they just need to stand there while you go to read? and when you come back you pass all of them and the support guy just needs to wait for you?

Look i understand that you do not like to wait in that line but in the last year how many times have you really needed to connect support?
Last edited by Black Blade; Feb 18 @ 5:24pm
Bon Jovi Fan Feb 18 @ 5:28pm 
wow dude, really you should get a job with steam support, you would fit in nicely with that attitude. i emailed them back promptly because yes, i dont work for my own support company but i use a system that notifies me when i have a message. And yes i have has little problems with a few companies online (those that run the likes of runescape, WOW, LOL.) and yes initial contact may be slow but they dont keep their members lingering on sentence after sentence for hours. Infact they are much more helpful and READ the messages rather than postng GENERIC automated replies
Black Blade Feb 18 @ 5:32pm 
wow dude, really you should get a job with steam support, you would fit in nicely with that attitude. i emailed them back promptly because yes, i dont work for my own support company but i use a system that notifies me when i have a message. And yes i have has little problems with a few companies online (those that run the likes of runescape, WOW, LOL.) and yes initial contact may be slow but they dont keep their members lingering on sentence after sentence for hours. Infact they are much more helpful and READ the messages rather than postng GENERIC automated replies
First i type it from what i think so if you think its any "GENERIC automated replies" guess i have a automated mind...

Any how i read your post 2 times all ready i yet to see what i am missing that you say that i did miss...

And by the way no one ask you to stay and wait for there replay.. just go do what ever and when they will replay you get a email... if you know how set it to tell you when that email come and then you can come and see there replay.. no need to wait around..

And yes Valve may be some what slow in there responce.. i will not say there are the fastest... but in the end there are really small company.. unlike some of these you have talk abut before that i think are bigger then Valve in size...
Last edited by Black Blade; Feb 18 @ 5:34pm
Bon Jovi Fan Feb 18 @ 5:39pm 
ok

1. you misunderstand me, so i think maybe you are not english and are getting some thing misunderstood.
"if you know how set it to tell you when that email come and then you can come and see there replay"

i already explained in my last post that i have that already and thats how i got their 1st message.

2) I wasnt refering to your replies as Generic
and
3) Is Valve a company?? a Company with no boss? Really small??. Why not hire people with all the money they make?
Black Blade Feb 18 @ 11:32pm 
1. ya that is so....
Ok so why are you waiting around? do something else up to when they replay

2. Ya my bad i read jump on the part you say it was Valve Support like that

3. I do not really know.. even that i do must ask dose any one really know how much they make?

In the end i am most of all am trying to point out that Valve Support may not be the best.. that is true there not so fast (most of the time it takes from 2 days to 2 weeks for replay) and from what i understand part of it is that they do not want to outsource (that is what most of the support do) and give a more personal support and if i am not wrong that really cost more.. i mean to hire some to do support in America or something i think cost more then getting a number of Nameless 3rd country support, so really i do not think its all abut the monay

Abut the "GENERIC automated replies" i think that most of all depend on who you fall to talk with in support.. some do give a very "GENERIC automated replies" some give a more human type one
Any How i think when you work in a place like that and maybe pass on a few 1000 tickets a day you start to see the same things over and over and you keep getting more and more tickets coming in all the time... that is what gets it to were it is...
But its almost always like that with all support no?
Heffebaycay Feb 19 @ 5:40am 
This is simple and it is not the product, its the people who work for Steam/Valve. They say they have no boss which can be great, but it seems they are interested in one thing. Money, and money only.

With a website that only offers online support (ticketed too not live chat) it took them over 11 hours to contact me. They gave me a Generic answer and i replied. and still waiting on a reply 8 hours later. (Seems i have been sent to the back of a queue). Support is lacking too much in Valve/Steam. They dont care for their customers and/or what their customers have to say. They are a "Take the money and run company" it seems.

Lack of respect to me deserves less respect back, i am always one for treating others how they treat you. I will keep things clean on this occasion but Valve/Steam really do need to get their act together, so i please with you the community help try and make them see that we do matter.
A while ago, there was an interesting discussion on the Steam forums about live support and some Valve employees took part in it. You might find some answers in it: http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2239092

People at Valve are definitely working on improving Steam Support: new tools are developed to make some processes more efficient for Support Techs and end users (Self-refund pre-ordered games feature, for instance), some security features are added to reduce the number of people losing access to their Steam account (Steam Guard, Login location details in Steam Guard email) and Valve is always hiring Support techs.

So, I don't feel the "They don't care for their customers and/or what their customers have to say" is true.
Last edited by Heffebaycay; Feb 19 @ 5:41am
Showing 1-8 of 8 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Feb 18 @ 5:13pm