Meep Feb 17 @ 4:54pm
Valve E3 Predictions
1. Left for Dead 3 (Final Game on the Source Engine)
2. Source 2
3. Half-Life 3 on Source 2 with Trailer
Showing 1-15 of 28 comments
< >
He who can't be Named! Feb 17 @ 5:07pm 
I would also like hl3 and l4d3. Hopefully gaben will learn to count to 3
eram Feb 17 @ 5:40pm 
VR hardware prototype
WhereIsBusmin Feb 17 @ 5:43pm 
Originally posted by eram:
VR hardware prototype

Pretty much!
crunchyfrog Feb 17 @ 6:28pm 
Half Life 3? Extremely unlikely, as this is probably the most watched game ever, so ANY hint of it in development would have shown before they get to announce it and that simply hasn't happened.

Left 4 Dead 3? Quite likely, as there have been inlkings of this.
More hardware development and a continuation of the Steam machines programme? Also highly likely.
SecretSign Feb 17 @ 7:09pm 
Half life may be good and all but dont you miss portal?
crunchyfrog Feb 17 @ 7:15pm 
Originally posted by SecretSign:
Half life may be good and all but dont you miss portal?

Sure, but it's a little too early to expect them to revisit that yet. You can't force ideas easily.
Hawkes Feb 17 @ 7:49pm 
I would acctualy rather see a new IP for next gen hardware (Yes i do mean PS4/xbone) on a new iteration of the source engine sure valve has great game IPs we allready know and love but i think its time for them to make somthing new and fresh.

And for those saying you want L4D3 Evolve is looking like its going to be a great succesor to the left 4 dead series.
Joke Feb 18 @ 2:39pm 
I predict Half-Life 3 will be the launch title for SteamBox. (probably exclusive)
TeKraken Feb 18 @ 2:46pm 
Originally posted by Joke:
I predict Half-Life 3 will be the launch title for SteamBox. (probably exclusive)

Exclusive to linux SteamOS or PC in general? I really don't see Valve releasing a game to 1% of users.
Last edited by TeKraken; Feb 18 @ 2:47pm
crunchyfrog Feb 18 @ 3:10pm 
Originally posted by Joke:

I don't know why so many people think of this idea - it's economically ridiculous (no offence intended).

What sort of install base do you expect there to be? It would be miniscule, and no, it would not garnersales of a Steam Box in order to play the game.

Besides which, how it could it possibly be truly exclusive when Steam Boxes are PCs? I hope you aren't under the illusion that the Steam Boxes are some sort of console, because they aren't.
ConroD Feb 18 @ 5:56pm 
As always I just can't see HL3 being dropped without atleast some sort of hidden message somewhere, subtle but hype-building, their own spin on release announcement etc.
Psychedelic Soldier Feb 18 @ 5:58pm 
Don't be silly Valve don't make games anymore
Bon Jovi Fan Feb 18 @ 6:05pm 
Love to hear him announce better support for valve!
crunchyfrog Feb 18 @ 9:18pm 
Originally posted by Psychedelic Soldier:
Don't be silly Valve don't make games anymore

Really? They've turned out one every year for the last few years at least

Originally posted by ConroD:
As always I just can't see HL3 being dropped without atleast some sort of hidden message somewhere, subtle but hype-building, their own spin on release announcement etc.

I have no doubt that Half Life 3 will have some sort of ARG to go with it. That Portal 2 one was brilliant. I thoroughly enjoyed decoding it all, and sharing data with the community.
Last edited by crunchyfrog; Feb 18 @ 9:20pm
eternally static name Feb 18 @ 9:52pm 
gabe newell on the taxi

driver : where?
gaben : E....
driver : dammit where?
gaben : E...um...
gaben : :c
Showing 1-15 of 28 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Feb 17 @ 4:54pm