Denne tråd er blevet låst
CC 10. feb. 2014 kl. 10:48
Really furious with Steam right now, will never buy another game through Steam
Steam let me say that your customer service really sucks. The only way to contact a service rep is via email, and it seems to take weeks and weeks for anyone to reply or to get something resolved.

I absolutely hate that I have to go through your Steam Wallet when I want to purchase anything from a games website. I don't want to use your Steam Wallet. If it's an MMO I want to purchase from the actual game company and not use a second or third party for transactions.

If you put a lock on someones account instantly for a Paypal dispute you need to make sure that once the dispute is resolved that you quickly get that account lock off. It seems that no one in your billing or service rep departments are doing their jobs to ensure that your customers are getting their issues resolved quickly. No one on Steams end is paying attention it seems. So this will be the very last game I will ever purchase through Steam again. I will play what games I have here on Steam, but from here on out I will purchase games outside of Steam. Your people really should take some classes on customer service.

Sincerely,
Miffed off customer
< >
Viser 1-15 af 20 kommentarer
Ninja Gaijin 10. feb. 2014 kl. 11:06 
'have to go through steam wallet'. No you don't, you can pay by Credit Card or PAYPAL for any game. If you hate that, buy an 'email code' from a store like ozgameshop.com, then you don't have to pay anything to Steam.

There are loads of games you can purchase 'ingame' currency from the dev's website, without needing 'steam wallet'. I've NEVER put money into a 'steam wallet', I only buy games as I want, without converting to a 'steam currency'.

Don't know about account locks but you should be talking to Steam before reporting to Paypal. Only as a last resort. Why were you reporting your purchase to Paypal? Did Steam not give you the game you purchased??

This is a user forum as well so good luck if any Valve staff will even read that. You can put in a support ticket or try finding a feedback email address.

I don't really know what you are complaining about personally. I hated Steam, when I first used it 10 years ago. But it's not that bad now.
Sidst redigeret af Ninja Gaijin; 10. feb. 2014 kl. 11:06
Tried to dispute a purchase against Valve through paypal.
Got mad at Valve for making things difficult for you for messing with them.

Wow.
Sidst redigeret af Τhe Rolling Cheese Wheel; 10. feb. 2014 kl. 15:18
Ninja Gaijin 10. feb. 2014 kl. 11:12 
Haha.

If you are going to 'dispute' with Paypal or CC your digital download from Valve, you might want some decent correspondence between you and Valve to take to them showing how you were 'wronged'. Digital downloads are about being smart - it's not the kind of thing you can easily take 'back to the shops because they have a 7 day change your mind policy'. Because games don't have that. The only way I think is if you either a) have decent system and game does not run properly even above min/recommended specs, b) game breaking/won't load bug and very angry and don't want to wait a week to fix and there are NO fixes you could find online or through tech support c) devs / steam LIED on the store page, as they did with the 'WarZ' listing originally with claimed features.

I believe there is a '1 time only' refund option for Steam in the case you buy the wrong thing or something really goes wrong or a game makes you want to kill yourself or something. Even then good luck getting your $ back.

You have to click 'confirm' about 10x before you buy as well, might want to try reading the EULA's occasionally before griping.

It's funny because you don't even say what was wrong with your purchase. From your profile I can see you are a 'mom' so I'm not trying to be rude but you must be careful when you buy things on the internet. "Change of mind" is rarely a decent reason to return something. Especially say for stores like Beatport or Juno or Bandcamp, what, you didn't listen to the previews well enough? You didn't like the music?

They won't give you a refund because they know you can't really 'return' the software or music, if it is DRM free you can copy and keep etc..

For music downloads, the only time I've ever gotten upset was when I got an error in a tune that was accidentally put there by the artist (beat skip on electronic track), he sent me a 320 CBR in the end of a fixed version but having had lost the WAV file, and having had paid for lossless, I was a little upset at that.

Luckily never really come across the transcode issue apart from a label licensing other artists' stuff to ANOTHER label to net release VBR mp3. I am 90% positive some of the tracks are vinyl rips, as I can hear pops and own both the vinyl and CD versions for some of the tracks..

Anyway back on topic good luck getting refunds from digital vendors. You really think Origin, GMG, Uplay is better?!! You realise 95% of games now require Steam activation to play?

Sounds like you wanted to further 'hurt' Valve through some bad publicity but I don't think you'll get much effect of that here.
Sidst redigeret af Ninja Gaijin; 10. feb. 2014 kl. 11:17
Raven Wolfe 10. feb. 2014 kl. 15:17 
Well, they are really behind the competition right now in some ways. No money back promise when Origin and gog.com offer it is lame. Gog has to deal with publishers and if they can offer a money back program Steam can. Plus the store sorts titles horribly and makes browsing a pain but I have never seen it take longer than a day or twofor customer support to reply to me. I also think some of your issues are just not knowing about all your purchasing options on here.
Sidst redigeret af Raven Wolfe; 10. feb. 2014 kl. 15:18
Satoru 10. feb. 2014 kl. 16:42 
If you put a lock on someones account instantly for a Paypal dispute you need to make sure that once the dispute is resolved that you quickly get that account lock off.

Yeah you're magically suprised that Steam locked your account because you committed what amounts to fraud?
Satoru 10. feb. 2014 kl. 16:44 
Oprindeligt skrevet af JayQ:
Well, they are really behind the competition right now in some ways. No money back promise when Origin and gog.com offer it is lame.

Origin only provides returns on games it makes. Since 99.9999% of games on Steam are not made by Valve, you wouldn't get a refund anyway.

Gog has to deal with publishers and if they can offer a money back program Steam can.

Gog for almost all their games explicity does developement work to get it to work via dosbox and other methods. They are by all intents an purposes, for most games, the developer for all the 'old' stuff on their store.
OldPeasant 10. feb. 2014 kl. 18:14 
The situation with Steam customer service has always been poor, and it isn't going to get any better. Valve, like most businesses, believe that corporations should have no responsibility towards consumers, and that the free-market (in this context, it would be if people leave their service due to backlash for something being inadequate) will punish them if they're doing something wrong.

Obviously businesses aren't people, but I'm simply making a point. Valve isn't going to make a serious attempt to improve their customer service as not enough people are advocating that they do so.

Oprindeligt skrevet af Satoru:
Yeah you're magically suprised that Steam locked your account because you committed what amounts to fraud?

Valve is not above the law and shouldn't be encouraged to flaunt consumer laws.
Sidst redigeret af OldPeasant; 10. feb. 2014 kl. 18:30
Satoru 10. feb. 2014 kl. 19:26 
Oprindeligt skrevet af OldPeasant:
Valve is not above the law and shouldn't be encouraged to flaunt consumer laws.

You may be suprised that locking your account for doing a chargeback is NOT against the law. Any more than a violation of any particular part of your contract with Steam via the SSA is either. Xbox will perma-ban you for putting "1500 MSP for tutorial" in your profile.

Also note that chargebacks are NOT a way to get a refund. They are the nuclear option even by the standards of your credit card issuer.

Note also that the 'no refund' policy of Steam is 100% legal, even in the UK/EU so don't bother claiming that either.
Sidst redigeret af Satoru; 10. feb. 2014 kl. 19:27
Mr.Hemiroids 11. feb. 2014 kl. 2:32 
I absolutely agree with you. I wrote a similar comment before. And of course everyone told me how wrong I was. I had a problem on Sunday of all days. With Battlefield 4 I hit the contact button on origins site. I was having live chat with a helpful representative in less than 30 min. Steams customer service has to be the worst.
rune 11. feb. 2014 kl. 2:42 
Steam has never wronged me. I guess you guys are just very unlucky.
Mr.Hemiroids 11. feb. 2014 kl. 9:21 
Oprindeligt skrevet af Muppet among Puppets:
Oprindeligt skrevet af Mr.Hemiroids:
I absolutely agree with you. I wrote a similar comment before. And of course everyone told me how wrong I was. I had a problem on Sunday of all days. With Battlefield 4 I hit the contact button on origins site. I was having live chat with a helpful representative in less than 30 min. Steams customer service has to be the worst.
What a problem?
This is a topic about a charge back.

And last time when i wanted to solve something with ea, the page said: You can write next day from 9 o clock until 20 (or like that)...... I searched for a support email. And "wait" more than a year now :D:

Well I apologize then. I understood that he was trying to get some information or help from Steam. Whatever the case may be. And again everyone gets defensive when you say anything negative about Steam. You can't agree that steam has an absolute terrible customer service policy? I'm sorry you had that experience on Origins how long ago was that? I was able to immediately get a hold of someone on a Sunday. I had an issue about six months ago and I was able to talk to a representative on the phone. Origins provides a phone number to talk to someone. I'm not aware of Steam doing that.
Mr.Hemiroids 11. feb. 2014 kl. 10:13 

I'm not sure which country you're from because your profile is private. Waiting a long time on the phone is nothing new. Anytime you try to contact any kind of government service DMV IRS federal or state. You're going to be waiting for several hours. I know because I've had to contact both recently and I waited for several hours. So I would be willing to do so to get a problem resolved on Steam. And with cell phones a bill is no longer an issue. At least not in my experience.
Sidst redigeret af Mr.Hemiroids; 11. feb. 2014 kl. 10:15
Sannas 11. feb. 2014 kl. 10:42 
Personally I feel that steam is a retailer, I have had to deal with their support in the past thankfully it was only once and it took an age to resolve. In my opinion steam is a retailer and as such should be as approachable as many other online retailers. I wont dispute uplay, origin or any other to be honest I feel they are all as bad as one another when it comes to customer service.
Steam, Uplay and Origin all work pretty well and you can argue that Steams formula is the best - When it works, when it doesn't however it can be a pretty trying time to regain your money or a resolution to other related issues.
For those that are curious I paid for a game and I was duplicate billed for the same game therefor I paid twice, through no fault of my own it was just a glitch.. It took a considerable time to resolve.
Ninja Gaijin 11. feb. 2014 kl. 12:56 
Oprindeligt skrevet af Mr.Hemiroids:
Oprindeligt skrevet af Muppet among Puppets:
What a problem?
This is a topic about a charge back.

And last time when i wanted to solve something with ea, the page said: You can write next day from 9 o clock until 20 (or like that)...... I searched for a support email. And "wait" more than a year now :D:

Well I apologize then. I understood that he..

She
Raven Wolfe 11. feb. 2014 kl. 15:11 
Oprindeligt skrevet af Satoru:
Oprindeligt skrevet af JayQ:
Well, they are really behind the competition right now in some ways. No money back promise when Origin and gog.com offer it is lame.

Origin only provides returns on games it makes. Since 99.9999% of games on Steam are not made by Valve, you wouldn't get a refund anyway.

Gog has to deal with publishers and if they can offer a money back program Steam can.

Gog for almost all their games explicity does developement work to get it to work via dosbox and other methods. They are by all intents an purposes, for most games, the developer for all the 'old' stuff on their store.

Don't they still have to have contracts with the publishers to do that, though? Like with how Bethesda removed the Fallout games from the website, obviously the games on offer there have to be approved by the publisher and the publisher has to be ok with refunds. I mean, they have some newer games there, even if most of them are indie.

Maybe Steam couldn't give refunds on new release AAA console ports but they could with their own titles and I bet the same indie developers that let gog do it would let Valve.

They need to catch up other online retailers with this, but that is the only fault I can see with the Steam shop.
< >
Viser 1-15 af 20 kommentarer
Per side: 1530 50

Dato opslået: 10. feb. 2014 kl. 10:48