Alcheya 15 JUL 2014 a las 0:36
Steam has a Phishing problem that needs to be solved ASAP.
This is starting to get old. Every 9/10 invites are phishers. Would be nice if there was an alert to mark all these people with X number of "blocks" on steam.

You'll also notice most of them are still online..

Edit: And the list grows..

Edit: You know... this is even worse than I thought...

Última edición por eram; 21 JUL 2014 a las 8:06
< >
Mostrando 1-15 de 284 comentarios
Alcheya 15 JUL 2014 a las 0:38 
I've done it, but when you get 3-4 invites every 20-30 minutes, it becomes really tiresome really fast. Not to mention, I have to leave my profile public as I trade frequently.
Última edición por Alcheya; 15 JUL 2014 a las 0:40
Satoru 15 JUL 2014 a las 0:49 
Steam accounts are free theres not much you can do to stop the problem unless you make the entire sytem paid subscription. Even then it wouldnt stop it.
Alcheya 15 JUL 2014 a las 1:29 
Obviously there is no way around that initial wave of invites, but if someone gets 50-100 blocks instantly, that should be a sign for steam to flag the account for inspection automatically.
Última edición por Alcheya; 15 JUL 2014 a las 1:29
Marcille Donato 15 JUL 2014 a las 1:45 
I sent you an invite.

Because I'm evil
Alcheya 15 JUL 2014 a las 1:50 
Haha, real people don't bother me. As long as you don't ask me to go to "stearncommunity" or whatever variation they come up with. :P
RalphRoberts 15 JUL 2014 a las 1:55 
Publicado originalmente por Alcheya:
Haha, real people don't bother me. As long as you don't ask me to go to "stearncommunity" or whatever variation they come up with. :P
Hey my friend can't send you an invite for some reason, can you invite him? www.staemcomunyty.com/profiles/phisherman.

Seriosuly, though it would be nice if steam could fix the phishing problem, I don't see how that's even possible.
Última edición por RalphRoberts; 15 JUL 2014 a las 1:56
crunchyfrog 15 JUL 2014 a las 1:56 
Obviously there is no way around that initial wave of invites, but if someone gets 50-100 blocks instantly, that should be a sign for steam to flag the account for inspection automatically.

Yes, and no.

Sure it COULD be a point to raise a flag, metaphorically. However, there is NO WAY it should be a case of ban by popularity. There are plenty of people who get targeted and harrassed for no good reason.

I'm not sure it'd be effective at all and would probably cause more work for Valve for little point.

Publicado originalmente por RalphRoberts:
Hey my friend can't send you an invite for some reason, can you invite him? www.staemcomunyty.com/profiles/phisherman.

Seriosuly, though it would be nice if steam could fix the phishing problem, I don't see how that's even possible.

Not going to happen, for the same reason crime will never be stamped out.

Sure, it can be reduced, but the more thorough measures you have are invariably at the expense of access to everyone else. It's ALWAYS a balancing act.

Plus, I'm not entirely sure they can do much other than they already do - what do you expect them to do? They can't block accounts without evidence of wrongdoing. Not only would it be breach of contract but it could end up in all sorts of legal hot water.

Última edición por crunchyfrog; 15 JUL 2014 a las 1:59
76561198113285051 15 JUL 2014 a las 2:20 
I got this problem too! Some guy sended me:
"Hi.Add my friend pls, he can't add u. He wanna trade with u.
{ENLACE ELIMINADO}
just copy link in browser and click add friend"
and i fell for it. After i tryed to login to inv that profile my steam didnt login so I restart it. After restart it started spamming people around. I really wonna stop spamming people around. I have no other intention but from playing games and some small trading,and dont wonna any bans or punnishes to my steam profile. Please help me solve this problem.
Última edición por Struja96a; 15 JUL 2014 a las 2:25
Black Blade 15 JUL 2014 a las 2:22 
Struja96A please remove the Link to the fake steam site before someone go to it by mistake and gets scamed

and links like that just report here:
https://www.google.com/safebrowsing/report_phish/Captcha
Última edición por Black Blade; 15 JUL 2014 a las 2:23
76561198113285051 15 JUL 2014 a las 2:26 
So in there i copy a link that i'm sending to everyone or link to my steam profile?
Black Blade 15 JUL 2014 a las 2:30 
Publicado originalmente por Struja96A:
So in there i copy a link that i'm sending to everyone or link to my steam profile?
aww.. what?
can you clear a little i really did not understand
76561198113285051 15 JUL 2014 a las 2:35 
Publicado originalmente por Black Blade:
and links like that just report here:
{ENLACE ELIMINADO}

On that link it gave me new tab where i put link that is problematic. So do i put my steam acc link or the link that im spamming to other people?
Black Blade 15 JUL 2014 a las 2:40 
On that link it gave me new tab where i put link that is problematic. So do i put my steam acc link or the link that im spamming to other people?
Put the link of the fake Steam site
As what you posted before "steamcommunicity.com/************************" that is fake its not really Steam at all
That site is made by Google for sites like that to block them
Última edición por Black Blade; 15 JUL 2014 a las 2:41
76561198113285051 15 JUL 2014 a las 2:43 
Got it and done it. Now i found all invitations i have sended to people in "view friends list". Is there a way to remove them all faster or i have to go manualy,one by one?
Black Blade 15 JUL 2014 a las 2:46 
Got it and done it. Now i found all invitations i have sended to people in "view friends list". Is there a way to remove them all faster or i have to go manualy,one by one?
wait you also added pepole?
Did you change your password and did a male ware scan?
https://www.malwarebytes.org/ ?

And i think you will need to remove them 1 by 1 also if you send link i recommend you tell support abut it
So they know
< >
Mostrando 1-15 de 284 comentarios
Por página: 1530 50

Publicado el: 15 JUL 2014 a las 0:36