socrateez Jul 10, 2014 @ 4:46pm
Day-Z is always in the top sellers
How the hell is this possible??? Are hundreds of people buying this game every day??
Showing 1-15 of 295 comments
< >
Black Blade Jul 10, 2014 @ 4:52pm 
maybe, or it just sell so much it stays there as of that, and it is likely more are buying it, i do keep seeing around someone saying "I just got Dayz..."
HerZ Jul 10, 2014 @ 6:32pm 
Yeah it's odd. In May it was reported the game sold over 2 million copies, but you'd never guess that if you look at the Steam stats page. It seems most of the people who bought the game didn't care much after trying it for a few minutes/hours. It was a very hyped up title and mostly the old DayZ mod fans actually stick around.
Kitten Jul 10, 2014 @ 7:08pm 
i have over 100hrs on dayz and bought it in march...its fun but most people are waiting for more updates...(specifically the vehicle update for me) because its a large map and there is no form of transportation either than walking.
Kitten Jul 10, 2014 @ 7:08pm 
its also always in the top 10 most played games or the day so its not suprising that its in the top sellers catagory as well
socrateez Jul 10, 2014 @ 7:34pm 
i guess haha. Makes me wonder if like every release gets counted as a purchase since its alpha or something. 2 million copies is insane
Origin388 Jul 10, 2014 @ 7:38pm 
What people don't understand about DayZ, is that the reason it's so fun is simply the fact you can do whatever you want. Plus the whole survival aspect. I've seen people say it's a buggy mess when in all honesty the only real bugs are the zombies able to walk through walls.
In my opinion if you haven't already, buy this game. It's fun.
But if you do don't be a ♥♥♥♥ and shoot people on sight ruins the fun!
Ace♡ Jul 10, 2014 @ 7:55pm 
Originally posted by Origin388:
What people don't understand about DayZ, is that the reason it's so fun is simply the fact you can do whatever you want. Plus the whole survival aspect. I've seen people say it's a buggy mess when in all honesty the only real bugs are the zombies able to walk through walls.
In my opinion if you haven't already, buy this game. It's fun.
But if you do don't be a ♥♥♥♥ and shoot people on sight ruins the fun!

It would be fun to do whatever I want if the game wasn't a buggy piece of ♥♥♥♥.

+regret
CharlestONE Jul 10, 2014 @ 8:24pm 
all the numbers are low in perspective to the total number of downloads/purchases even dota and csgo arent immune
Wolfman-RIP Jul 10, 2014 @ 9:29pm 
Dayz is full of hackers who keep rebuying the game every time they get banned.
Technic-Wolf - NM9 Jul 10, 2014 @ 10:23pm 
DayZ standalone was a dissapointment compared to the mod, and frankly I would be more excited about N1Z1
Ossuarium Jul 10, 2014 @ 10:46pm 
LOL!
[nut!]Matty Jul 10, 2014 @ 10:50pm 
DayZ is the worst purchase I've ever made on Steam. It's simply not worth $30 in its current state. If it were 9.99 or less, then I'd say go for it. But $30 for an incomplete game? It's insanity that the devs are charging that much for it. This seems to be pretty consistent across the board for EA games though, so I don't get it.

Not sure how it's staying in top sellers. It's just awful.
Shasow Jul 10, 2014 @ 10:53pm 
I wouldn't buy DayZ again if it were free...
HerZ Jul 11, 2014 @ 7:07am 
Originally posted by nut!Matty:
DayZ is the worst purchase I've ever made on Steam. It's simply not worth $30 in its current state. If it were 9.99 or less, then I'd say go for it. But $30 for an incomplete game? It's insanity that the devs are charging that much for it. This seems to be pretty consistent across the board for EA games though, so I don't get it.

Not sure how it's staying in top sellers. It's just awful.

You aren't looking it at right. This is the problem most Early Access buyers make. You are not buying it for it's current state. You are buying it for "what it can be" at the end.

It's 30 dollars to deter people who aren't REALLY wanting the game. Unfortunately it doesn't work out very well because the average "gamer" doesn't do any research whatsoever before buying a game.

Even the DayZ store page is practically telling you not to buy the game [yet]. You are not the target audience at all. It's a shame you only find it out after buying it.

It's also funny how you only played the game for a whopping 2.1 hours. It's just a confirmation to me that you should have never ever looked in DayZ's direction, mod or standalone.
Last edited by HerZ; Jul 11, 2014 @ 7:15am
Kurt // MAETS Jul 11, 2014 @ 7:33am 
-.-
Showing 1-15 of 295 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Jul 10, 2014 @ 4:46pm