全スレッド > Steam 掲示板 > Steam Discussions > トピックの詳細
このトピックはロックされています
So, where do you think Steam will be in about 15 years?
Steam is basically the only place you can buy games and enjoy the community around them.

You have the option of going to other places, like Origin or Desura, but they aren't nearly as good as Steam is in terms of the accessability of games and such a large community.

I think in the future, Steam will have become THE big boy. Valve will have out matched Microsoft and Sony, bypassing them and making the other competetors obselete.

And personally, I wouldn't mind that. If Valve kept up with the way they treat Steam now, as they do in the future (with a bit more content control in terms of what games get greenlit cough cough AIR CONTROL cough cough ) then I see no problem with them being the 'world power' in the gaming industry.

I dunno, maybe I just like getting my games cheap and storing them effectively.

What do you guys think?
< >
1-15 / 222 のコメントを表示
Steam already is the big boy..

I hope steam will stay the same, grow even more. I like the idea of having all my games at the same place while hating DRM-Free stuff..its annoying.
Shiin の投稿を引用:

Well, I meant as to where nobody even hears about Microsoft or Sony anymore.

That Steam has outclasses them in every possible way. I mean sure, Steam is great and all, but I don't think it's earned its rightful place as king just yet.
In 15 years it's become obsolete as there are better alternatives - like what Nordic Games did with Origin - and Valve has run out of money thanks to its many side projects. It was a reals shame, though, as they just confirmed Half-Life 3 Episode 1 was being in development for 5 years already :tgrin:

Shiin の投稿を引用:

[...] while hating DRM-Free stuff..its annoying.

What?! Software which you can install anytime anywhere without having to register, be online or aren't allowed certain programs on your PC is annoying?
cinedine の投稿を引用:
Shiin の投稿を引用:

[...] while hating DRM-Free stuff..its annoying.

What?! Software which you can install anytime anywhere without having to register, be online or aren't allowed certain programs on your PC is annoying?

Yes. It's a personal thing, i just hate it.
And there are a lot of people who hate DRM-Free stuff.
Shiin の投稿を引用:

Yes. It's a personal thing, i just hate it.
And there are a lot of people who hate DRM-Free stuff.

Personally, I perfer DRM-free.

Dunno, It interests me in how easy it is to use and buy.
最近の変更はFleshly Delightが行いました; 2014年7月8日 14時17分
15 years? Probably dead, buried and forgotten.
Kargor の投稿を引用:
15 years? Probably dead, buried and forgotten.

That's the sad thing.

If Steam keeps up with technology, I see it working just fine.

If it remains exactly the same, I expect it to become like a Blockbuster; Knocked down for something better.
Remember when Sega was the "big" thing? now they make games for nintendo.

Just because Valve is sailing smoothly now doesn't mean they will forever.
Keyes の投稿を引用:
Remember when Sega was the "big" thing? now they make games for nintendo.

Just because Valve is sailing smoothly now doesn't mean they will forever.

The funny thing is too watch whats going on right now.
At first DRM-Free games where the usual thing, after that the big thing was steam & DRM Games on one Software, no w DRM-Free games are coming again..i wonder where it'll end someday.
Owned by either Google, Microsoft, or Facebook....
I just hope Valve doesn't allow anyone to buy them out and doesn't start charging us money just to play online like the darn consoles already do.
Shasow の投稿を引用:

Man, I can't wait to play that absolutely amazing (rubbish) Clash of the Clans game from Google, and wear my Facebook Oculus rift helmet on my Windows 9.1 16 bit NoStartMenu Eiditon tablet.

E3 2029 looks good.
Shasow の投稿を引用:

Speaking of Google...

Google is pretty frightening as to how much it can do. I mean, It bought Youtube, It wants Twitch.TV, There's no telling what else Google wants to devour.
Shasow の投稿を引用:

That is the most accurate answer by far. Steam won't die as it has never stopped growing.

Problem is once it hits critical mass it will get massive offers to be bought out. If they get bought Steam will go down the toilet.

Better get your games on gog while you can :P
they'll be even more awesome
< >
1-15 / 222 のコメントを表示
ページ毎: 1530 50

全スレッド > Steam 掲示板 > Steam Discussions > トピックの詳細
投稿日: 2014年7月8日 13時53分
投稿数: 222