Jays Logic Jul 22 @ 5:50pm
What's the WORST thing about steam?
We all love steam, but somethings I would change...What would yours be?
Showing 1-15 of 3,408 comments
< >
Hayden Jul 22 @ 6:08pm 
Support reply time. I know they have a lot of tickets to sort through both legitimate (account/billing) and no (3rd party game support) but sometimes the wait just gets out of hand. I'm fine with most of their decisions/policies just not happy for the wait time I hear people having to wait.

Program/feature wise: I would probably go with Fork and say the UI. Its not complicated but feels buggy and slow at times and definitely looks dated.
Last edited by Hayden; Jul 22 @ 6:23pm
Fork_Q2 (Banned) Jul 22 @ 6:19pm 
Support time / UI for client.
Misha Arsellec Lune Jul 22 @ 6:47pm 
I maintain that greenlight is, although for different reasons than a year ago.
Satoru Jul 22 @ 6:48pm 
Library managemnt is a gigantic pain the behind for anyone with a large (aka more than 5 game) library. My kingdom for an ajax based drag and drop library system and better categorization options
Last edited by Satoru; Jul 22 @ 6:49pm
yellowblanka Jul 22 @ 7:00pm 
Originally posted by Satoru:
Library managemnt is a gigantic pain the behind for anyone with a large (aka more than 5 game) library. My kingdom for an ajax based drag and drop library system and better categorization options

I'd agree there, though I might not go as far as "gigantic pain in the behind", there should be better sorting/filtering options for your library, and a way to exclude other users libraries (on the same machine) from showing up rather than just "favoriting" your games. For a service offering as many games as Steam does, they really need better library control. I would love to be able to show only games from a certain custom category for instance. "Oh, I feel like an RTS, filter to RTS titles".
Ericrct Jul 22 @ 7:55pm 
Laggy UI
RedLightning Jul 22 @ 8:05pm 
I would have to agree with prior posts.. the support return time is pathetic.. and the IU is quite dated.. cannot zoom.. cannot change the fonts to something bigger no easy way to manage games in my library.... sad when browsers features outdo a companies that makes quite a bit more money.
Shasow Jul 22 @ 8:36pm 
No returns
Kai winn Jul 22 @ 9:07pm 
Support
Fire Walk With Me (Banned) Jul 22 @ 9:11pm 
Support, lack of refunds no matter what, DRM, Early Access scams and events based on who spends the most money.

If you want to add Valve to the equation I'd really like them to focus on putting out another video game. They are extremely talented game developers when they want to be and its a shame they are letting the community do it for them.
Last edited by Fire Walk With Me; Jul 22 @ 9:23pm
c789p Jul 22 @ 9:12pm 
That i have no decent alternative.
I like steam but it should never have a monopoly.
Steam owns me!
[BLEU] Coltgeis Jul 22 @ 9:22pm 
When it goes down
The One Defiler Jul 22 @ 9:26pm 
Early Acess being crammed in our face.
✘RevengeOfTheWeeaboo✘ Jul 22 @ 9:41pm 
Early Access should've never happened. Lack of refund policy. Lack of Support. Steam event sales being dry and repeated since 2011 (yet still overhyped).
RedLightning Jul 22 @ 10:14pm 
Steam being very very behind on user support tickets tell me that they are largely understaffed... a company that makes the money that they do should *NOT* have this issue..
Last edited by RedLightning; Jul 22 @ 10:14pm
Showing 1-15 of 3,408 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50