Dunkelfalke Aug 18 @ 4:56pm
What a horrible weeklong sale!
Space trader, Roller Coster Rampage, frigging BAD RATS!? You sure this sale isn't ♥♥♥♥ty enough, Valve? You might wanna add Big Rigs: Over the Road Racing to that to round up this "premium" selection! But seriously, that mirrors the current state of steam - overflooded by waves upon waves of ♥♥♥♥ty games!
Showing 1-11 of 11 comments
< >
Ataskuri Aug 18 @ 4:59pm 
Are you seriously complaining about what games are on sale?

Like, c'mon man, talk about ungrateful.
Dunkelfalke Aug 18 @ 5:04pm 
Originally posted by Atasku'ri:
Are you seriously complaining about what games are on sale? :rfacepalm:

Like, c'mon man, talk about ungrateful. :cgrazz:

Dude, what do you think that is - generosity!? A sale for a ♥♥♥♥ty game counts on people who are stupid enough to waste money on something which isn't worth any money at all. It's a trap and a rip-off, not a generous offering!
Last edited by Dunkelfalke; Aug 18 @ 5:04pm
Malik Blishtar Aug 18 @ 6:22pm 
You act like Valve decides what's on sale.
stallioncue25 Aug 18 @ 8:20pm 
Originally posted by Malik Blishtar:
You act like Valve decides what's on sale.

Right, they don't even know what they are selling anymore.
Ubernerd Lucas Aug 18 @ 8:42pm 
Week-long sales are usually a crap shoot. It's basically a chance to pick up those crappy games for nothing (maybe morbid curiosity, or so-bad-it's-good), or a fun little diversion of 'hunt through crap and look for gems.' It's kinda like the $5 movie bin at Wal-Mart. Besides, if you look at the "games under $5" category, you'll notice four of the top sellers are from the week-long deals.
LordHelmet Aug 18 @ 8:47pm 
I'll admit there are certain publishers that have been milking the week long deals as of late and filling it with some of their pretty lackluster games which, also seem to show up bi-weekly or monthly lately. Yet even so, there are some quality titles thrown in there as well like Zeno Clash II ($1.94) or Jagged Alliance 2 ($0.97) which is a steal for either in my opinion.

Regardless I agree that it would be nice if the week long deals wouldn't be so predictable. Truth is though...Steam usually has enough quality daily, mid week and week end deals to make up for it during the week. When there's a great week long deal, I just consider it a bonus.
Erebus Aug 18 @ 9:29pm 
What you don't want bad rats and real horror stories? Heathen.
Satoru Aug 18 @ 10:12pm 
Originally posted by LordHelmet:
Regardless I agree that it would be nice if the week long deals wouldn't be so predictable

There's fundamental limits as to how often you can e on a weekly deal as any deal you do must be spaced out by 2 months
Satoru Aug 18 @ 10:15pm 
Originally posted by Dunkelfalke:
Space trader, Roller Coster Rampage, frigging BAD RATS!? You sure this sale isn't ♥♥♥♥ty enough, Valve? You might wanna add Big Rigs: Over the Road Racing to that to round up this "premium" selection! But seriously, that mirrors the current state of steam - overflooded by waves upon waves of ♥♥♥♥ty games!

It's always conveneint to ignore the other titles like

Freespace
AI War
GestureWorks whichi s great for touchscreen users to play non-touchscreen games
earthworm jim

You may have been mis-informed. But the week long deals are not all about your own personal tastes.
Talon Aug 19 @ 12:38am 
"Im sure they used to sometimes have decent games on weekly sale"

What I thought to myself when looking at the "offers" yesterday.
ᴷᴬᴿᴿ Aug 19 @ 1:20am 
Don't want to be a agenda bender, but

Originally posted by Satoru:
Freespace
AI War
GestureWorks whichi s great for touchscreen users to play non-touchscreen games
earthworm jim

AI war is still cheaper elsewhere
Gesture Wars seem to be a decent idea, but touchscreen controls are and always will be awful.
Earthworm Jim is half the price elsewhere

Good games or not.. cheap they mostly are not.
Last edited by ᴷᴬᴿᴿ; Aug 19 @ 1:21am
Showing 1-11 of 11 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Aug 18 @ 4:56pm