Malicar Aug 14 @ 11:46am
Loving The Steam Update
Finally the STEAM client doesn't run like a poor mans HTML browser. It's much faster after this update in all areas and all the videos are working again and not requiring a seperate version of Flash. Scrolling is much smoother and it even has a PS4 finish to it Kudos to Valve this is how it should have been months and months ago. I've been using my HTML browser for so long to browse the store etc. Finally I can actually use the client the way it was meant to be.

PS remove the bootup sound and logo from Big Screen Mode please.
Last edited by Malicar; Aug 14 @ 11:48am
Showing 1-15 of 92 comments
< >
Vitdom Aug 14 @ 11:48am 
Does it contain the music player?
Dr.eNE Aug 14 @ 11:49am 
i want the my 2003 skin back!
Malicar Aug 14 @ 11:49am 
Originally posted by eNE:
i want the my 2003 skin back!

This new skin goes well with my PS4 lights and my custom PC case which is backlit blue heh
himmatsj Aug 14 @ 11:51am 
Umm, the loading is still the same. Slow as ever. I don't think they changed anything under the hood, so you're feeling a placebo effect.
Malicar Aug 14 @ 11:54am 
Originally posted by himmatsj:
Umm, the loading is still the same. Slow as ever. I don't think they changed anything under the hood, so you're feeling a placebo effect.

Ugh STEAM has ran like crap on HTML for ages. This update has finally given it the performance increase it deserved.
himmatsj Aug 14 @ 11:56am 
Originally posted by Malicar:

Ugh STEAM has ran like crap on HTML for ages. This update has finally given it the performance increase it deserved.

Well, you must be over--excited.
Malicar Aug 14 @ 11:58am 
Actually I'm quite happy I don't have to load my browser everytime I want to look at something I'm already looking at in the STORE just because the performance of the STEAM client was so dismal. Many users including myself have been asking for this performance update for quite some time. The old STEAM client when benchmarked to any browser was the slowest of them all. Have you ever benchmarked any HTML 5 browsers? They are all different.
Last edited by Malicar; Aug 14 @ 11:59am
getEMM Aug 14 @ 11:59am 
I like the blue color much easier on the eyes then always grey and black
aiusepsi Aug 14 @ 12:00pm 
They did upgrade the browser quite significantly. It was based on Chromium Embedded Framework 1 and Chromium 18, now it's Chromium Embedded Framework 3 and Chromium 35.
Malicar Aug 14 @ 12:00pm 
Originally posted by getEMM:
I like the blue color much easier on the eyes then always grey and black

Im loving the blue as I just noticed it's also used in the downloads that are pending or qued etc. Library list looks spiffy.
himmatsj Aug 14 @ 12:02pm 
Originally posted by aiusepsi:
They did upgrade the browser quite significantly. It was based on Chromium Embedded Framework 1 and Chromium 18, now it's Chromium Embedded Framework 3 and Chromium 35.

He's talking about the client itself, not browser.
Malicar Aug 14 @ 12:03pm 
Originally posted by aiusepsi:

The client itself IS a browser heh.
himmatsj Aug 14 @ 12:11pm 

LOL nice one.
Malicar Aug 14 @ 12:13pm 

LOL nice one.

Well it's also much more than a browser but yeah it definantly had problems with HTML before this update.
Shiin Aug 14 @ 12:16pm 
Not to mention the part where it opens an overlay over a movie in my normal browser thanks to the update. Thats what i needed, a f*cking steamoverlay OVER A MOVIE in my normal browser..great valve.
Showing 1-15 of 92 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Aug 14 @ 11:46am