#Let Girls Learn #Sunshine Week Aug 5, 2014 @ 4:27pm
Is the Top Sellers on the Store possibly faked or bugged?
Even if you go with gross revenue dollars I find it hard to believe that there are a lot pre orders for the $149.99 Archeage: Archeum Founders pack. Evevn though the price is 15 to 1 compared to a $10 game like Garry's Mod, I have my doubts there are a significant number of preorders. Anyone else think there must be an issue with how the list is generated or am I just unaware of the game's popularity?
Showing 1-11 of 11 comments
< >
lotuspulse Aug 5, 2014 @ 4:55pm 
I think it's counting all the purchases for that game, and the top seller list just shows the $150 special edition, instead of the cheapest one which is what people are buying
#Let Girls Learn #Sunshine Week Aug 5, 2014 @ 4:59pm 
Originally posted by lotuspulse:
I think it's counting all the purchases for that game, and the top seller list just shows the $150 special edition, instead of the cheapest one which is what people are buying
That could be, but it is still odd as Divinity or Arma 3 list the base versions ut Archeage lists the $150 version
Varacka Aug 5, 2014 @ 8:52pm 
This weekend (or was it last week) I saw at least 2 of the archage dlc's in the top 20 atleast.
lotuspulse Aug 5, 2014 @ 9:10pm 
maybe its super popular in china
Varacka Aug 5, 2014 @ 9:11pm 
It's super popular period.
#Let Girls Learn #Sunshine Week Aug 5, 2014 @ 9:53pm 
hmm so it appears it is right then to you guys> I had never heard of the series or the game before it popped up for sale on Steam
Varacka Aug 5, 2014 @ 9:58pm 
Also the reason why the 150 is so popular is it gives 24/7 access rather then guildwars style beta weekend access which the others give.
Peter Pan Aug 6, 2014 @ 12:05am 
They must be using some metric that we don't understand.

You see that during a sale, the number 1 seller often changes, and I don't believe that it is because the new number 1 seller overtook the previous one based on total sales alone.

So maybe it is the top seller based on most copies sold for the past week? Past 24 hours?
j0ny_brav0 Aug 6, 2014 @ 12:43am 
It's based on revenue.

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?p=24482701#post24482701

Originally posted by Peter Pan:
They must be using some metric that we don't understand.

You see that during a sale, the number 1 seller often changes, and I don't believe that it is because the new number 1 seller overtook the previous one based on total sales alone.

So maybe it is the top seller based on most copies sold for the past week? Past 24 hours?
Tito Shivan Aug 6, 2014 @ 3:39am 
Don't underestimate the ability of people to spend money.
If anyone remembers the $99 ring for TF2 that spawned a message to all players will remember how much message spam was happening at the time.
And every single one of those messages costed someone 99 dollars.

Satoru Aug 6, 2014 @ 5:04am 
The store is supposed to aggregate sales of all 'versions' into a single entry. It's to prevent a game from 'hogging' the best seller list by having multple versions there, or conversely dilute the listing because it's separated out. You might see the $150 version but it's representative of the entire sales cycle for all versions.

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showpost.php?p=25702136&postcount=13

There are two ways to buy it and, due to a configuration error, they were listed separately on the top sellers list. Now they are being combined into a single entry.

And as noted by another user above its based on revenue, not # of units.
Last edited by Satoru; Aug 6, 2014 @ 5:08am
Showing 1-11 of 11 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Aug 5, 2014 @ 4:27pm