Qai Sep 25, 2016 @ 1:23pm
Workshop Content Downloaded But Game Is Not Installed
My desktop has the game installed with subscriptions to several workshop content. However, my laptop has no Steam games installed as I use it just for chatting, browsing the store, posting on forums, etc. Yet, I see workshop content on my laptop "downloading". It looks like bandwidth is being used for the download, but I can't find where any of this stuff is being downloaded to.

Any idea what's going on?

EDIT: I found where the download is (userdata -> ugc), but why is Steam downloading a 500 MB Workshop file to my laptop that doesn't have the game installed? This is ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥.
Last edited by Qai; Sep 25, 2016 @ 1:38pm
< >
Showing 1-3 of 3 comments
Daragoth Sep 20, 2017 @ 3:22pm 
Just had this happen to me. Space Engineers was suddenly downloading workshop content, except the game is not installed on either of my machines (laptop or desktop).

And this is still apparently a issue a year after this was posted (minus a few days).
RaEyE Nov 26, 2017 @ 5:14am 
Jep, this seems to be a common behaviour of steam.
I often experience this with Left4Dead 2.

It wouldn't be that annoying, if the Steam Downloadhistory would hold some information about which actual workshop item has received an update.
Daragoth Nov 27, 2017 @ 4:20pm 
Originally posted by RaEyE:
Jep, this seems to be a common behaviour of steam.
I often experience this with Left4Dead 2.

It wouldn't be that annoying, if the Steam Downloadhistory would hold some information about which actual workshop item has received an update.

That would be nice, but Steam isn't really built for UI convenience.
< >
Showing 1-3 of 3 comments
Per page: 1530 50

Date Posted: Sep 25, 2016 @ 1:23pm