Supposedly a volunteer support group?
Good evening ya'll, I got a serious question here, this guy named "pijökxaym" added me about a week ago claiming to be a former community admin, i guess? Something to do with support. I talked to him a bit and he seemed like a nice genuine lad.

But then he invited me to this group http://steamcommunity.com/groups/ValveDivision
If you read through it you'll get the idea.
And what i wanna know is, can you get community banned for joining a group with "Valve" in the title if you aren't actually a community admin?
< >
Showing 1-15 of 18 comments
fami Sep 25, 2016 @ 9:26am 
He is a fake
Cablenexus Sep 25, 2016 @ 9:28am 
That is very bad and should be deleted by Steam.
People in need of support can use the forums.
The pool of people from the community and offcial moderators on the forum is much larger than one of those groups could offer.
There are no such thing as "community admins".

Global moderators and Valve employees have special badges in their profiles to help prevent impersonation. This guy is just a normal user claiming to be something that he isn't.
So what do you suggest I do with this individual?
Wolfpig Sep 25, 2016 @ 9:31am 
Originally posted by Connect:
And what i wanna know is, can you get community banned for joining a group with "Valve" in the title if you aren't actually a community admin?

I dont think so.
If that group only exist to "scam" people and the people in it all do that, then it might be possible that you get banned for that action.
Odra Sep 25, 2016 @ 9:31am 
Use the report feature on them and their group.
Alright, reported him and his group for associating themselves as being a part of Valve
Start_Running Sep 25, 2016 @ 9:39am 
Now see, this is why I generally ignore invites from people I don't know and why many people keep their profiles private or friends only.
The End Sep 25, 2016 @ 11:08am 
Originally posted by Connect:
But then he invited me to this group http://steamcommunity.com/groups/ValveDivision
If you read through it you'll get the idea...

Fake and probably made for scamming, they even have this on the profile.
And to prove that this is an actual thing, here!

More Steam Volunteers {Information} (this was a link to the page with all steams moderators.)

Do as advised, report the group and the guy.
Last edited by The End; Sep 25, 2016 @ 11:08am
DjGus Sep 25, 2016 @ 11:59am 
Saw a post on reddit the other day about this very same thing...

Also reported them.
Amon Sep 25, 2016 @ 12:16pm 
Plus their grammar is all wrong to be from the United States. More so from east coast. Just more thieves and liars.
Cablenexus Sep 25, 2016 @ 12:29pm 
Still don't understand why SOMEONE not directly take action and close this.
Is this the goverment? It was on 6 members when this post was made and now it has 10 members. Another 4 potentional victims of fraud. Hello? It's clear no? Just delete it!
Ah crap now he's inviting friends of friends :feeling:
Start_Running Sep 25, 2016 @ 12:51pm 
Originally posted by Cablenexus:
Is this the goverment? It was on 6 members when this post was made and now it has 10 members. Another 4 potentional victims of fraud. Hello? It's clear no? Just delete it!

No no no, let it grow. We need something to cull teh braindead populace.
Cablenexus Sep 25, 2016 @ 1:22pm 
Originally posted by Start_Running:
Originally posted by Cablenexus:

No no no, let it grow. We need something to cull teh braindead populace.

Well it was funny if I was not a noob myself 20 years ago...

Btw one of the admins there is Steam level 120
Last edited by Cablenexus; Sep 25, 2016 @ 1:28pm
< >
Showing 1-15 of 18 comments
Per page: 1530 50

Date Posted: Sep 25, 2016 @ 9:25am