Paid Mods
Did they really bring back paid mods? If this is true, how do you know that?
< >
Showing 1-14 of 14 comments
999999999 Nov 10, 2017 @ 9:48am 
Bethesda did, yes.
Start_Running Nov 10, 2017 @ 9:50am 
Paid mods never went away. It's been on Valve games for over a decade now.
Autistic Emperor Nov 11, 2017 @ 5:26am 
Originally posted by Start_Running:
I would appreciate it, but I don't know, how to make paid mod.
Poppi !! Nov 12, 2017 @ 10:29am 
You need to be quite skilled and produce a project which is very, very good...to someone anyway.

Zefar Nov 12, 2017 @ 10:38am 
Originally posted by _StanleyTweedle_:
You need to be quite skilled and produce a project which is very, very good...to someone anyway.

Some of the bigger mod makers for Fallout 4 tried to apply for it but where not invited. Even though they make better and grander mods than any current mod from the Paid Mod shop that Bethesda has released.
Poppi !! Nov 12, 2017 @ 11:45am 
Originally posted by Zefar:
Originally posted by _StanleyTweedle_:

Some of the bigger mod makers for Fallout 4 tried to apply for it but where not invited. Even though they make better and grander mods than any current mod from the Paid Mod shop that Bethesda has released.
Which is sad, because there are some extremely talented modders actively producing material that could be a stand alone.

I mean, if projects like Cry of Fear and The Stanley Parable can...oh wait, they were on Source.
Last edited by Poppi !!; Nov 12, 2017 @ 1:57pm
BossGalaga Nov 12, 2017 @ 12:43pm 
Originally posted by dominik.v2001:
Originally posted by Start_Running:
I would appreciate it, but I don't know, how to make paid mod.

Valve sells selling player made skins for TF2, Dota 2 and CSGO and gives players a percentage of the sales. Valve also sells player made games and takes a 30% cut of all sales. Numerous other non-Valve games also do this.
D1f0 Nov 12, 2017 @ 2:00pm 
Originally posted by 999999999:
Bethesda did, yes.
lol
Bethseda blew it. Instead of selling what should have been third party DLC with significant extra content they've sought to charge for minor content and skins. They are now reaping the whirlwind. You can buy Fallout 4 for the PS3 at £9.99 - FULL price.

S.x.
UberNova津波 Dec 9, 2017 @ 9:45am 
Originally posted by gallifrey:
Bethseda blew it. Instead of selling what should have been third party DLC with significant extra content they've sought to charge for minor content and skins. They are now reaping the whirlwind. You can buy Fallout 4 for the PS3 at £9.99 - FULL price.

S.x.
PS4?
Tev Dec 9, 2017 @ 9:47am 
Originally posted by UberNova津波:
Originally posted by gallifrey:

S.x.
PS4?
Yeah, he means PS4. There's no PS3 version of Fallout 4.
Sorry guys. My bad.

S.x.
Joe Cool Dec 9, 2017 @ 1:47pm 
There is no hope.

No matter how much the community rejects paid mods.
No matter how much mod makers reject paid mods.

The industry will continue to push paid mods through because they want to monetize it.

They aren't happy enough getting

$60 at launch
$60 for a season pass
$10 for Day 1 DLC (aka $70 for the "digital collectors edition")
Anywhere from $1 to $100 for each microtransaction.

They also want gamers paying for mods so they can take a % from the modders for doing absolutely nothing whatsoever

In fact paid mods actually rewards developers since all they need to do is put out a mod kit with their game. Then they can cut corners and rush out a hastily slapped together mess, then sit back and rake in mountains of additional money from the mods that fix everything.
Last edited by Joe Cool; Dec 9, 2017 @ 1:50pm
Start_Running Dec 9, 2017 @ 1:52pm 
Originally posted by Joe Cool:
There is no hope.

No matter how much the community rejects paid mods.
No matter how much mod makers reject paid mods.

The industry will continue to push paid mods through because they want to monetize it.
Because many modders want paid mods ( i mean who doesn't like to get moneyt for hard work) and many people don't actyually mind it since the trutrh is it just makes Mods another product to be considered like every other. It'll only get money if it proves itself worth the asking price.

They also want gamers paying for mods so they can take a % from the modders for doing absolutely nothing whatsoever
Well at least the modders are getting something now. Before they were basically getting zilch. Also yeah. When you do the hard work of creating an IP and creation engine worth using, you get to charge for all sorts of nifty things.

In fact paid mods actually rewards developers since all they need to do is put out a mod kit with their game.
Which is actually a good deal harder than one would think.

Then they can cut corners and rush out a hastily slapped together mess, then sit back and rake in mountains of additional money from the mods that fix everything.
Maybe but I'd more blame the idiots who keep doing teh preorders and purchasing on launch day.
< >
Showing 1-14 of 14 comments
Per page: 1530 50

Date Posted: Nov 10, 2017 @ 9:41am