Scorpios Society (Banned) Apr 28, 2017 @ 1:42am
this website is safe ?
< >
Showing 1-15 of 28 comments
ba Apr 28, 2017 @ 1:43am 
yes
GobboKirk Apr 28, 2017 @ 1:49am 
Yup, good site to build up your collection for sure.
One of the few legitimate Steam related sites on the web.
Scorpios Society (Banned) Apr 28, 2017 @ 2:03am 
thanks guys this days i cant trust any website lol
Lucas Apr 28, 2017 @ 2:05am 
Originally posted by gameboy204:

Yeah as stated above, it's more then safe.
And, you can feel good about buying lots of games since a portion of the money goes to charity.

Source: I use this site on a weekly basis.
GobboKirk Apr 28, 2017 @ 2:07am 
Better to ask if unsure, happy to help.
Originally posted by GobboKirk:
Better to ask if unsure, happy to help.
THIS! FFS! THIS!

You know how often people make threads on this forum about how they got scammed out of $50-$100 and then link to some Russian CSGO lotto skins exchange what-ever website?
Last edited by Smugass Braixen-Chan; Apr 28, 2017 @ 2:10am
Scorpios Society (Banned) Apr 28, 2017 @ 2:21am 
i think steam need to put out the legit website name out for evey body . that will help us more .
Lucas Apr 28, 2017 @ 2:23am 
i think steam need to put out the legit website name out for evey body . that will help us more .

Steam cannot associate itself too closly with any third party sites otherwise is would cause a conflict in interest.
Scorpios Society (Banned) Apr 28, 2017 @ 2:34am 
Originally posted by Lucas:

Steam cannot associate itself too closly with any third party sites otherwise is would cause a conflict in interest.

that is to bad lot of people lose thing becouse of fake website and no body cant do anything about it .
Lucas Apr 28, 2017 @ 2:36am 
Originally posted by Lucas:

that is to bad lot of people lose thing becouse of fake website and no body cant do anything about it .

Well the best bet is to just do some research into a betsite. Don't trust any gambling websites or anything that's too good to be true.
and no body cant do anything about it .
How about "Stop giving away all your ♥♥♥♥ to shady websites that have no affiliation with Valve and no obligation to honor any agreement you make with them?"

Of-course, the CSGO community is too stupid to actually do this, so they are just going to continue to fuel all these growing number of scam websites.
Last edited by Smugass Braixen-Chan; Apr 28, 2017 @ 2:41am
J4MESOX4D Apr 28, 2017 @ 2:43am 
Steam has a filter in place for any unauthorised 3rd party sellers which blocks their name/URL from being published and replaces it with a heart filter or [LINK REMOVED]

This site https://isthereanydeal.com/ lists live data from all legitimate key sellers/retailers who are authorised and hold a distrubution licence for the sale of digital media. All these sites offer genuine keys obtained at wholesale and/or direct from the developers and offer safe means of payment and solid consumer protection.

HumbleBundle, Greenmangaming and Bundlestars are the most popular to use and offer some excellent deals daily. Valve don't want to draw too much attention to these sites as afterall, they are competition for them but they cannot mask or censor them.
Originally posted by J4MESOX4D:
HumbleBundle, Greenmangaming and Bundlestars are the most popular to use and offer some excellent deals daily. Valve don't want to draw too much attention to these sites as afterall, they are competition for them but they cannot mask or censor them.
Correction. They CAN censor them, they just choose not to.

Well... Except for that one time Valve tried to sneakily censor all reviews created by people who bought their games from the above mentioned sites. Any reviews created by people who got their games via keys were hidden by default, and you had to un-hide them manually every time you went looked at a new store page.

That said, there isn't any real confirmation of malicious intent when they initially set up the new review filters. They kind of just did it by "accident."
J4MESOX4D Apr 28, 2017 @ 3:04am 
Originally posted by Insanity Wolf-Chan:
Originally posted by J4MESOX4D:
Correction. They CAN censor them, they just choose not to
Valve cannot mask, censor or block any website name/link that is fully licenced to distribute media that requires the Steam platform to instigate. This condition was agreed upon back in 2003 when the Steam platform was launched. If Valve started blocking competition in the market; not only would this violate competition/ fair trading laws in most countries; publishers and developers would also be screwed over with wholesale key rates sliding and it would then severely harm key distribution and income.

The review aspect is different as that aimed to differenciate people obtaining keys from developers for free and reducing fraudulent reviews posted.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 28 comments
Per page: 1530 50

Date Posted: Apr 28, 2017 @ 1:42am