Posted: February 27
This game is free, just download it and try it out
but if you want to my opinien, read everything below
- IT IS STAR TREK :P
- grafics are dicent. the grafics are good but could be better.
- thay keep adding more things too the game. this inclouds missions, ships and events
- ther are 3 playebol factions (federation, klingons, romulans) and many more enemy factions
- ther is an extensive caracter costumesation system and a smaler one for ships. but having the ability to change your ship around to be a comlitly different from others is awesome, eventho on the most ships ther are only 3 types on eatch part you can pic betwin.
- thay get in acters from the real star trek series to voice act.
- the figthing meckaniks are flawed, both in space battles and on ground battles. in ground battles u can have 2 wapens and 4 awayteam members with u each of them having one wapen. ther is NO coversystem to speak of. AIs are stupid as heck. when u shoot an enemy, aslong as that person is targeted, u can stand wiht ur back to it and aslong as u hit the shooting buten ur caracter wil spin arouund and shoot him, you cant headshot or anything.
spacebattles are also terebol. the ships can only fly 80 degris up or down, thay cant take a loop, thay cant do any evasiv manovers, rather ur stuck siting ther with ur lame movment of the ship pressing abilety butens, you cant aim, you just let the computer shoot for u, you can ofcorse target what enemy you want to attack, but thats it. pvp is a joke and pve is just wave after wave of ships or enemy squads to kill.
- you never get atached to ur ship. in the star trek series the captains would hate to louse ther ships. here in star trek online, u die to often because the enemy is too strong or ther shiled regenerate to fast. and then u end up dying and after a whild u dont evern cear abaot lousing your ship, ther is nothing bad abaot lousing your ship. you can just respawn and try agen, and by that time the enemy ship have regend so that u can go on and die agen.
-the missions. the missions in this game are so boring you just want to skip everyone of them. the klingon missions are just the same old boring mission. kill 5 waves of enemy ships. kill another 3 waves of ships. beem down the the planet and kill some guys and scan some random thing, beam up agen kill an enemy, and warp out. this is not how you make a mission in a game. it is boring, and when you get past that mission, its almost the same mission agen throuout the howl game.
- the game is a grindinggame. when youu get past the boring missions you have this reputation thingi, that you have to play the same PVE missions over and over and over and over agen, to get to lvl 5 of it. and then you have 6 other reputatios you can get to lvl 5 of, and more grinding. and doing this ardly help you at all. it might give you new armor, shield or wapens
- lock boxes. yes i understand thay want to make money but it should not go on the expense of star trek fans. in this lockboxes you give out jam hadar ships to starfleet, KDF and romulans. thay are not supose to have this ships in a star trek univers. this is a minor thing but it anoys me. one faction shopuld not get somthing that belongs to another faction.
- the ships have the wrong turnspeed. all the different ships in this game have the wrong turnspeed. f.ex the defient class is supose to be fast and nimble, but now, it is slow and turns very slow. unles you have a turnrate consol equipt or is using one of the skills from your officers it just have the wrong turnrate. i was exited to get the defientclass and when i gat it i was disepointed. even some of the ships have the wrong sise
- you canot explore the ships interier to any significant lvl, all interiers are the same, the only costumation to ship interier is the bridge. ther are 4 different parts of the ship you can explore. bridge, engineering and crew deck. and all of thos decks are the same on every ship (exept the bridge) the only way if geting a different interier is if you buy it with real money.
- to much fighting and almost no diplomatic solutions. what we see in the star trek series is that that crew solves problems with diplomecy witout shooting a single torpedo. thay only use force when it is necesery or thay need to defend themself. here in STO you just shoot your way throug the game witout asking questions.
i do not recomend this game because of its lack of veriety in gameplay and not staying true too star trek (my opinien)
the missions are boring and you do not cear for your ship, you never bond with your ship to say it like that.
i have played this game fol much longer then my steam account says, i played the game throu its original launcher downloaded from the website
i give this game a rating of 3/10 because of its lack of fun, diplomacy, exploration, mission solving and because of its terrebol fighting meckaniks,