Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online

View Stats:
TIESTO Mar 17, 2014 @ 4:18pm
Pay to win or free to play?
pay to win or free to play?
< >
Showing 1-10 of 10 comments
TIESTO Mar 17, 2014 @ 4:52pm 
Shannon Fartacus Mar 17, 2014 @ 4:58pm 
agree :)
Originally posted by ChezMazter:
Pixelnaut Mar 18, 2014 @ 12:23am 
p2w at later stages though
Szeron Mar 18, 2014 @ 2:25am 
The only thing that's arguably "Pay2Win" is PvP.

Nothing in the game, outside things like Veteran Rewards and special items from the Collector's Edition or Steam Starter Pack, requires you to spend a cent. STO has one of the fairest "Free to Play" models I have ever seen and is truly worthy of the name of the business model.

At worst, STO is "Pay2Convenience" or "Pay2NotGrindAsMuch".
Sub-Zero Mar 18, 2014 @ 7:33am 
Even for PVP, money alone is not gonna do it. You still need to grind for the gear regardless.The only thing I consider P2W is the bloody bug ship.
Lou the Lou Mar 18, 2014 @ 3:22pm 
Well, you pay money for ZEN, but you can also get ZEN from coverting refined dilithium, so really, it can't be defined at P2W, because anything you can get from money, you can get from play.

That being said, Xeno is right. The only thing you might "have" to pay for is a ship for PvP (if you're impatient, that is). Past that, grinding for gear is required of everyone, paid or not.
XironbeastX Mar 19, 2014 @ 9:57am 
p2w only if you do pvp, which is completely optional, but thats what i personally expected, if i pay 25 dollars for a ship or super grind for it, it better damn well♥♥♥♥♥♥everything, but the free ships will take you through all of the pve and single player stuff no prob
Gon Mar 19, 2014 @ 10:18am 
90% Free-to-play minimum. The remaining 10% is dependant on if you've got time to devote to the game or not,
Petrothian Mar 19, 2014 @ 10:10pm 

everything that can be brought with cash can be earned though dilithum.
< >
Showing 1-10 of 10 comments
Per page: 15 30 50

Date Posted: Mar 17, 2014 @ 4:18pm
Posts: 10