Nexuiz > General Discussions > Topic Details
Plagu3Born Sep 26, 2013 @ 9:18pm
So what happened?
I looked for it on the steam store and it wasn't there anymore. i know people are saying it's a waste of money, but I don't care so much about any of the reasons I've seen (i.e. dead online). I play nexuiz classic and I've been wanting to try the new steam version. Is there an alternate place to get it? Does anyone have an update from the devs on their plans?
Showing 1-15 of 21 comments
< >
s2x.Shiro Sep 27, 2013 @ 12:35pm 
You can get it through trading, from people who have gift copies in their inventories (me, for instance). However, some people are reporting that the game is currently not booting for some reason.

I managed to play it not too long ago but right now it doesn't seem to be working, which is odd because no updates were made.
Plagu3Born Sep 27, 2013 @ 2:55pm 
Alright thanks.
Would you be up for trading? I only have card stuff (some cards, emoticons, and wallpapers), so I would understand if it wasnt enough
s2x.Shiro Sep 27, 2013 @ 3:36pm 
Originally posted by Plagu3Born:
Alright thanks.
Would you be up for trading? I only have card stuff (some cards, emoticons, and wallpapers), so I would understand if it wasnt enough

Yeah, no thanks... really looking for TF2 keys or maybe other games, but I'm sure you can still find people willing to trade it for cards and the like.
Plagu3Born Sep 27, 2013 @ 3:48pm 
Alright, like I said I understand, figured if I dont ask then it's an automatic no anyway
Pimkuma Sep 28, 2013 @ 6:13am 
having same problem unable to get game start
zgthor Oct 18, 2013 @ 8:01pm 
well i brogth the thq pack but now thw dont exist anymore
Plagu3Born Nov 4, 2013 @ 7:47pm 
That would be really appreciated
are you wanting anything in return? Like I said before I really only have cards
Ralis99 Nov 5, 2013 @ 11:21pm 
If you want to play Nexuiz still, understand that the game itself won't be playable online, you need to add a firewall rule to BLOCK the application from accessing the internet. I think that because THQ has gone down, they took the server that the game queries upon starting. I'm assuming the game receives a script of some sort that closes the program. If you add that firewall rule, it won't be able to receive that script, and start regardless. Let me know if that solves your problem. :)
Rainbow Dash Nov 6, 2013 @ 12:54pm 
it boots that way, ty
kewlbns69 Apr 25 @ 6:22am 
Originally posted by Ralis99:
If you want to play Nexuiz still, understand that the game itself won't be playable online, you need to add a firewall rule to BLOCK the application from accessing the internet. I think that because THQ has gone down, they took the server that the game queries upon starting. I'm assuming the game receives a script of some sort that closes the program. If you add that firewall rule, it won't be able to receive that script, and start regardless. Let me know if that solves your problem. :)

you can also temporarily disable your connection but you have to run it through windows explorer and not steam because internet on or off steam won't let it play
lllltepahhcs May 10 @ 1:40pm 
Near as I can tell STEAM dropped it in all of it lacking glory. The only way to tell any Nexuiz game was even on STEAM is from these forum discussions or from someone who still has it installed.

The last time I looked and was able to find the game developer website they where litterally giving it away for FREE. Full game downloads and it wsa supossedly no longer STEAM dependant. That was near the end of 2013.

I have absolutely no idea where when or what about it now.
kewlbns69 May 10 @ 1:50pm 
steam didn't drop it THQ went bankrupt and so anything they owned is gone from steam because they don't legally have the right to sell a product unless given permission and how can you get permission to sell a product made by a company that doesn't exist?
Aperture Pizza May 13 @ 6:44pm 
Wasted my $9. I thought it'd be cool, since it was on cryengine. Warface is actually better, despite not being fast paced like nexuiz. Classic is way more bustling than this even today.
kewlbns69 May 13 @ 7:06pm 
Originally posted by Aperture Pizza:
Wasted my $9. I thought it'd be cool, since it was on cryengine. Warface is actually better, despite not being fast paced like nexuiz. Classic is way more bustling than this even today.

i'm not really into military shooters so the latest f2p shooter i've been playin is hawken a bit of ghost recon phantoms but my computer's kinda too much of a weenie to run it lol
Plagu3Born May 13 @ 10:04pm 
I like nexuiz Classic, but when I looked servers were dead
Showing 1-15 of 21 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50