I have a few simple yet important questions regarding commercial nexiuz. I know the answers and information which I seek is available from other sources and websites but for sake of speed (I cba to go searching 15 minutes) and having it readily available for curious steam-centric subscribers I would like to bring such discussion elements here.
With dedicated servers having disappeared temporarily or permanently and the reported disappearance of the official commercial nexiuz website, let's figure out what happens next and if players have options to revive this game in a more open state.
1. Does commercial nexiuz have ranked and unranked dedicated server options?
2. Does a master server for authentication and such exist somewhere and is it still running?
3. The public knowledge of the license change which occured some time ago leaves current rights to the game uncertain. Which party, for all intensive purposes, controlls nexiuz right now? Is it illfonic, thq. or another entity from thq auction?
4. Most importantly, can the players be given "the keys" to commercial nexiuz to transplant it on a community foundation and deal with the underpinnings themselves?
5. What is the current state of the license and can it be obtained or sold?
6. Has illfonic sorted the mess and decided what it can or will do?
Those asked, I don't necessarily think nexiuz should be given a new home within the community household nor do I have any leaning towards belief such a state of affairs would be successful; though stranger things have happened, you just never know and it's good to keep an open mind for even the unlikliest possibilities. I really hope a dev will read this and be able to answer some questions or link us to answers already posted elsewhere in the internet.
Most of you probably alread read this article and have noticed Illfonic's official webpage is currently down as well.http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2013-02-13-developer-illfonic-on-life-after-thq