It's been a while since we last talked. Have you missed us? We've missed you. What have you been up to? Breaking hearts? Breaking laws? That's what we would do given half a chance. Trust us. But the fact of the matter is, we've been busy. So very, very busy.
What have we been up to? Why, we're glad you ask!
Aside from Chapter 6 (no date yet) we dedicated some time to completely overhaul the music engine. It was the main culprit behind the crashes that some of you have been experiencing. So it had to go. We've also added an extra hint system, that you can turn on in the settings. If you enable it, Victor will offer more advice on how to solve certain puzzles. We also optimized save file access so accessing the save/load UI should be a lot faster now.
Here's a full rundown of the contents:
• Engine: Added an extra hint system (option in settings)
• Engine: Re-wrote music engine to address stability issues
• Engine: Optimized save file access (only affects PC Steam version)
• Engine: Fixed rare freeze bug when watching close-ups
• Chapter 1-5: Tweaked dialogue
• Chapter 1-5: Tweaked backgrounds
• Chapter 3-5: Updated music assets
• Chapter 2: Added sound effects
• Chapter 2: Tweaked background music
• Chapter 3: Added autosave points
• Chapter 5: Fixed prism mirror indentation bug
• Chapter 5: Fixed graphical glitch in Willard's apartment
All in all, it's one of our meatier updates and we hope you'll like it. As always, don't be shy if you encounter problems with the game. And remember: the machine loves you.