Posted: December 13
I read the title.
Understood the American historical aspect behind Jamestown (not that Christian thing from the 20th Century).
Turned it on, got a historical fiction with a space exploration instead of land exploration theme switch.
Unsure if offended or oddly pleased.
Jamestown is a classic Japanese top-down style shooter. That happens to use the British colony of Jamestown as the backdrop, but its on Mars instead of the North American continent on Earth. Thats it.
It's incredibly fun, fairly fast paced after the initial story on each episode. A lot of replay value because of the ever increasing difficulty levels. Since I'm big on Steam achievements, so this helps gains a ton of quick achievements in a short span. Assuming you got a couple hours to sit and just do a power run.
- Multiple levels of difficulty for each level
- Unlockable weapon systems
- Varying level of challanges that are equally difficult and fun without too much raging
- Numerous Steam achievements
- (Personally best Pro) Three choices of how to control your character, keyboard, mouse or gamepad.
- If offended, upset, or cannot see past the real life story as a theme for a fictional game
- Repeatative if you play the same level to obtain certain achievements
- Mandatory multiplayer for certain achievements (when you're not into multiplayer)