Supreme Commander: Forged Alliance
Lnchb0xMarathon Mar 8, 2014 @ 1:59pm
my entire base randomly exploded
i was playing an online match against 3 adaptive ai and i was letting people observe. i think there was only one observer though. so im about 28 minutes into the game and i hear an explosion as im trying to upgrade a mass extractor and "commander under attack". literally my entire base blew up except the walls i built. some of my stuff wasnt even in range of the explosion radius of my commander and it still blew up. are observers able to interfere with a game? what on earth would cause this?
Showing 1-15 of 31 comments
< >
Sheppard Mar 8, 2014 @ 2:35pm 
watch replay, dont ask us..
Lnchb0xMarathon Mar 8, 2014 @ 2:37pm 
i cant see the replay anymore. is it that hard to tell if you have experience with this happening before to me? or is the entire supreme commander community rude like this? I literally have not come across a single person who is willing to help anyone in game.
Last edited by Lnchb0xMarathon; Mar 8, 2014 @ 2:38pm
Sheppard Mar 8, 2014 @ 3:12pm 
See:
You could have been hit by a nuke
You could have been hit by a arty
You could have been killed by powerchainexplosion
You could have overseens an experimental
You could have been killed by tactical missles

It is absolutely 100% impossible for me or anybody else to say why you did without seeing the replay.
Overread Mar 8, 2014 @ 3:12pm 
The most likely event is that your opponent killed you - remember not just the commander has a destruction wave, some other structers when destroyed will also create a detonation radius and thus further increase the scope of the damage.

How you were killed though is impossible to say, only you could do that if you had replays of the game in question.

It's less likely that the observer killed you
Sheppard Mar 8, 2014 @ 3:13pm 
If you need help:
http://www.faforever.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=3058&p=30316#p30314

dont say i'm rude, im telling facts just as always. If facts are rude to you then.. hm well dunno then xD
Lnchb0xMarathon Mar 8, 2014 @ 4:24pm 
Originally posted by Sheppard:
See:
You could have been hit by a nuke
You could have been hit by a arty
You could have been killed by powerchainexplosion
You could have overseens an experimental
You could have been killed by tactical missles

It is absolutely 100% impossible for me or anybody else to say why you did without seeing the replay.

I didnt hear nuclear launch detected. i hear your comander is under attack after he blew up. thats about it. I had just started using tier 2 stuff so i dont think any of my units had the damage capacity to cause an explosion on the entire northeast corner of the map. im trying my hardest to not be as vague as i can. literally what i said is exactly what happened. the nuke radius is actually not large enough to explode as far as that thing did. when you quit a match its only the commander that explodes or is it everything? i may have lagged out but i didnt think it was possible to lag out of my own match.

Originally posted by Sheppard:
watch replay, dont ask us..

what about this is a fact?
Overread Mar 8, 2014 @ 4:53pm 
Lnch - the fact Sheppard means is that its more likely he was killed than the watcher hacked your game. As a result the only way to know what happened is to watch the replay. Only then could you see if you were indeed hit by something (and what it was) or if something odd happened that shouldn't have.

Without that we really can't pose what did happen.

Heck 5 mins ago I was on the first mission of the campaign and something bombed my commander whilst it was out in the open - hardly any warning and boom. So it does happen - gotta watch out for your commander - powerful but fragile .
Sheppard Mar 8, 2014 @ 5:15pm 
Originally posted by Lnchb0xMarathon:
I didnt hear nuclear launch detected. i hear your comander is under attack after he blew up. thats about it. I had just started using tier 2 stuff so i dont think any of my units had the damage capacity to cause an explosion on the entire northeast corner of the map. im trying my hardest to not be as vague as i can. literally what i said is exactly what happened. the nuke radius is actually not large enough to explode as far as that thing did. when you quit a match its only the commander that explodes or is it everything? i may have lagged out but i didnt think it was possible to lag out of my own match.
yeah, thats nice but there is abosultely NO WAY of knowing for us, you wouldnt belive how much people even already crtl-k'ed (selfdestructed) their commander by accident and then running to forum and crying hacks (i dont say you do i simply wanna say that there is no point in talking about it without a replay)

Lnchb0xMarathon Mar 8, 2014 @ 5:17pm 
you can ctrl-k? i didnt know that. i guess ill chalk it up to that then. i just dont understand it because ive played the computer on the most difficult setting all the time and nothing like that has ever happened so quickly
Lnchb0xMarathon Mar 8, 2014 @ 5:17pm 
i apologize sheppard
Sirithos Mar 8, 2014 @ 5:25pm 
Originally posted by Sheppard:
you wouldnt belive how much people even already crtl-k'ed (selfdestructed) their commander by accident
The good old days...
All that work and then you blow up all your work by just 2 simple buttons.
Well, at least all of them cried about the mechanics and wanted "one button" to kill theyr units. ♥♥♥♥ happens.

However, there is nothing rude about his posts, just the hard truth.
If you think this form of community is rude, then you should check out the real world for once.

Nothing else to say.
Last edited by Sirithos; Mar 8, 2014 @ 5:26pm
Lnchb0xMarathon Mar 8, 2014 @ 5:27pm 
hahahahahahahahahahahaha
Apocalypse Mar 9, 2014 @ 1:13am 
There is a replay archive of recent games, you might be lucky and able to still find your game.
Lnchb0xMarathon Mar 9, 2014 @ 5:36pm 
I looked for the replay of the match but it only had my most recent one so i guess its lost. i tried pressing the ctrl k to see if i could self destruct and it wouldnt let me.
Sheppard Mar 10, 2014 @ 2:38am 
hmm maybe on another languages keyboard it might be another key
whatsoever check this:
http://gpgnet-vault.bathnet.org/mods/Suicide%20Confirmation.zip
Showing 1-15 of 31 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Mar 8, 2014 @ 1:59pm
Posts: 31