Sanctum > General Discussions > Topic Details
Faintestidea Jan 15, 2013 @ 10:08am
Is this game worth buying now?
Since I've been reading it's dead online
Showing 1-15 of 55 comments
< >
Mr [Gh0st] Jan 15, 2013 @ 10:26am 
For the price, yes.
Or wait for Sanctum 2.
Faintestidea Jan 15, 2013 @ 10:27am 
Trying to trade off a spare key I have for rift for it. No takers lol
Jokaabel Jan 15, 2013 @ 1:39pm 
Originally posted by torontobluejay06:
Trying to trade off a spare key I have for rift for it. No takers lol
im not suprised to be honest as rift requires a subscription which will turn alot of people off the game

on a more serious note however i would recomend that you get the game as it is fun and compleatly uniqe to anything else out there. though i would try the demo first just to check you like it. :P

hope this helps
Last edited by Jokaabel; Jan 15, 2013 @ 1:40pm
Faintestidea Jan 15, 2013 @ 1:42pm 
I would but my "ancient" computer can't handle it
[NH] The Franchise ?! Jan 15, 2013 @ 2:24pm 
Yes it is worth it..... Single player is fun too. Just run your favorive music in thte background and lead the lemmings to their doom. Get a 4 pack gift it to people and you all play it together.
Jokaabel Jan 15, 2013 @ 2:27pm 
Originally posted by NH The Franchise ?!:
Yes it is worth it..... Single player is fun too. Just run your favorive music in thte background and lead the lemmings to their doom. Get a 4 pack gift it to people and you all play it together.
if you want to suggest a tune then why not the origional lemmings tunes? :P
Harmil Jan 15, 2013 @ 3:20pm 
Originally posted by jokaabel:
Originally posted by torontobluejay06:
Trying to trade off a spare key I have for rift for it. No takers lol
im not suprised to be honest as rift requires a subscription which will turn alot of people off the game

Not taking a stand (since I'm a Rift refugee who was mostly happy with the game, but left because I get bored in MMOs eventually) but Rift is free for the first many levels. You definitely get more of a play experience from Rift as a free subscriber than you do from any other subscription MMO I'm aware of.

I'd consider it a very worthy trade except I already own Rift.
TigerHawkins Jan 15, 2013 @ 3:45pm 
The game is extremely worth buying. I bought it when it wasn't on sale, it comes with a lot to offer. It's fun in any mode, single, survival, and survival has 4 different game modes, each with a "turbo" mode which makes it even more intense. Seriously, I've clocked nearly 700 hours into this game, and I still play it.
The doctor is in Jan 15, 2013 @ 3:48pm 
its a great game, real fun to play, well worth, at an amazing price.

if you do not already own it then get the complete collection

http://store.steampowered.com/sub/17085/

dirt cheap just $4.74 right now

Last edited by The doctor is in; Jan 16, 2013 @ 3:18pm
Siñor Stripper~Pole Jan 15, 2013 @ 3:51pm 
Multiplayer is fun, but honestly, I think its better if you're playing with people you kinda know.
As for single player. It can be TONS of fun. I've loved playing it. It can be chalenging and addicting. FPS + TD is an odd combo that has been pulled off quite well. I'd reccomend it.
Dorok Jan 15, 2013 @ 4:24pm 
It's a quite unique game and nothing (I know) is even close, it was worth its initial price but at current sale it's a must try for anybody.

The only thing missing to the game isn't really related to the gameplay, it is nice and the hero is cool, but the game isn't cute, it hasn't that an immediate basic appeal that most successful games has.

It's difficult to say why a game doesn't get from far the fame it deserve but in that case I think it's related to some lack of cute quality. If FPS pure action fun can be very catchy for many players, TD is another matter and is a more serious genre quite oriented to strategy. I's a genre that needs cute games more than usual to get more players stick to the game or be curious about it. I do hope they'll work on that for the 2.
LastSide Jan 15, 2013 @ 4:30pm 
The game requires you to have a balance between 3 things(enemies can lvl up[more health]):

1)How many towers do I need to put down
2)How many times do I need to upgrade them
3)How many times do I need to upgrade my weapons(and which ones)

Its a very delicate balance that if you screw one of them up, you are bound to lose and start at a checkpoint wave or worse, since you cant take back any upgrades made you will need to start from wave 1. The game can be fun when you pull off a great defense and frustrating when theres no coming back and need to start from wave 1.

Cant vouch for multi. havent played enough to make a judgement, i guess more firepower the easier it gets.
Last edited by LastSide; Jan 15, 2013 @ 4:35pm
TigerHawkins Jan 15, 2013 @ 4:54pm 
Originally posted by LastSide:
The game requires you to have a balance between 3 things(enemies can lvl up[more health]):

1)How many towers do I need to put down
2)How many times do I need to upgrade them
3)How many times do I need to upgrade my weapons(and which ones)

Its a very delicate balance that if you screw one of them up, you are bound to lose and start at a checkpoint wave or worse, since you cant take back any upgrades made you will need to start from wave 1. The game can be fun when you pull off a great defense and frustrating when theres no coming back and need to start from wave 1.

Cant vouch for multi. havent played enough to make a judgement, i guess more firepower the easier it gets.

actually, in all honesty, multiplayer is tougher in my opinion. The enemies health scale with the amount of people ingame, so they quickly become borderline indestructible.

But Multiplayer is a lot more fun though. no question.
Last edited by TigerHawkins; Jan 15, 2013 @ 4:55pm
VirgilMustDie Jan 16, 2013 @ 6:01am 
I just bought it yesterday cause the very low price...

Having fun with it and it's quite challenging, glad i took it.

PD: Sorry if bad english :P
Faintestidea Jan 16, 2013 @ 6:47am 
I want to get it, but I know my comp can't run it
Showing 1-15 of 55 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Jan 15, 2013 @ 10:08am
Posts: 55